I am legend

Help Support Steer Planet:

oldwood

we only bred one to him last year,but we got a 70 lb heifer out of a maine x cow. good bone shes coming along really well,pretty pleased so far.

newcomer

has any seen thee bull close up the rumor in canada is that he is big framed

newcomer

haha ;D thanks for vlearing that up. do you think semen on him is worth buying (lol) (clapping)

cotullaguy

cowman said:
newcomer said:

LOL...the rumor is wrong.
I keep hearing negative things and seeing great calves here too. It has confused me as well.

cal

we had a few i am legand calves this fall.  one was a c-section 95 pounds. one we pulled  90 pounds.  one set of twins.  all were very good calves just very large.

rtm

We have 10 on the ground this year, and I'm impressed. The heifers are extremely good no throw aways. Have one out of a Ice Pick cow that is going to be awesome, plus a heifer out of a Hot Rod cow that is going to be very good as well. We used him on a lot of different cow's and seem to work every way. There is only 2 steer calves on is super thick and sound, but is going to have a Little more front end than I like to keep him from being really great, the other one is very nice patterned we will have to see how he matures. The birth weights were big, but not Heat Wave big. Ranged every where from #85 to #105. The only thing that concerns me is I keep hearing about disposition problems, and I can see that in a couple of calves they are a little more flightier.

hill321

We have had over 40 so far and never touched any of them.  most have been 85 to 95 lbs. He seems to work best on moderate deep bodied maine/angus cows that are smooth shouldered.  All have been black or black with some white.  Will have pics in a few weeks.

kaylap_7

I have an I am Legend show calf I have been showing this year. He is thick, has a really nice front end, and has a rear like no other, but height wise he's quite short.

cowman

cotullaguy said:
cowman said:
newcomer said:

LOL...the rumor is wrong.
I keep hearing negative things and seeing great calves here too. It has confused me as well.

They look great when they hit the ground, get a little leggy then thicken back up. In the end you need to have some grow in your cow to finish them out as they slow down a bit.