I am looking for...

Help Support Steer Planet:

Show Heifer

I have a very dear older friend (actually a great aunt) that was talking about her days growing up, and she mentioned how she loved eating YELLOW sweet potatoes (maybe yellow yams??) but she is unable to find any anymore. Does anyone have some or know where I can find them? I have never heard of them. I am willing to pay for them and shipping....was hoping to get some Christmas shopping done early!!!
Thanks!!! (clapping) (clapping)

knabe

hi show heifer,

i just had some last night.  i like them better than the orange ones.  i live in CA.  go to a farmers market and ask, if you get desparate, ask again.  i use them with pot roast and place them on top of the roast cut in halves so they bleed into the roast.  other have put them underneath the roast to keep the meat off the pan if you aren't using a dutch oven.  which by the way, is there more than one size of a griswold available?  i have one and it's great, but not big enough.  btw, that pot roast was awesome.

CAB

Hey Jen, I have seen them @ the Des Moines Downtown Farmer's Market in the past. There is only 1 week left. I can go look & see if they have any & ask if they would send them to you. How far are you  from Des Moines? It is a very good market. It has been rated 3rd in the nation. Let me know if you want me to Ck it out for you Jen. Cab