I am so proud of my daughter - Kanshow you need to read this!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Simmymom1

(angel)  Well, as some of you know this has been my daughter's first year of showing cattle.  She showed her steer at our county fair last April and got second in her class, I thought that was great.  Well, then we purchased a Simmental heifer that we have hauled as a family this last year pretty much every weekend and she has done well because the heifer is really pretty nice.  My daughter has shown this heifer but never with very much confidence, you could always tell she was nervous and not all that great with her showmanship skills, but the heifer always placed high because SHE was good.  Well I have been working really hard with my daughter lately and she has really learned to trust the heifer and her steer for this year alot more, she still respects the fact that they are animals and can hurt her if not carefull, but she is so much more calm and relaxed when she shows.  I bought her the Kirk Stierwalt showmanship video a couple of weeks ago and with much nagging I finally got her to watch it.  Oh my goodness, the lightbulb has gone off in her head finally and yesterday we had a 4-H showmanship contest and she had alot of good kids in her class, well I could not believe how well she showed.  She looked so confident and relaxed and I'll be darn if she did not get first place and win her a huge belt buckle.  I started to cry because I was so happy for her and she was so proud of herself.  She showed great and answered all of her questions quickly and correctly.  I was so amazed at my 12 year old, she has had a tough time of it but I think she is finally over that hump.  I just want to let Kanshow that there is hope, just hang on......  (cow)

kanshow

(clapping) (clapping) (clapping)  Thanks Simmimom!!  That is great news and how wonderful for your daughter!!

Bawndoh

Aww, that is so awesome!  She will never forget that moment I am sure.  I almost started crying reading that post...lol.

cowz

I am soo excited for you.  Congrats to your daughter for a job well done.

How you described your daughter reminded me of a girl in our county.....extremely hard working, loved showmanship, blossomed into a great showman.  The first time she won, the cocky little boy that always wins showmanship threw his showstick, dropped his halter and kicked a bucket across the barn.  That wonderful little gal got the buckle and the rest of us got quite a show!  ;D ;D  I will never forget it!

red

that is so wonderful! I bet if you sent this to Kirk it would impress him that she took it to heart!

(clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)  (welcome) (welcome) (welcome) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (angel)

Red

Simmymom1

(angel)  Thanks everybody for all of the kind things that you have said.  It was so funny, she could not wait to wear her buckle to school yesterday and show it off to all of her friends.  She is the kind of kid who is kind of shy about some stuff but she sure was not shy about showing that buckle off!!!            Red - I think you are right, I might let Kirk know what an impression he made on her, that really is a good video for anyone that wants to improve their showmanship skills.  I had to twist her arm to get her to watch it because she naturally thought it was going to be "boring", but she watched the whole thing without a single whine out of her and boy did it pay off!!  Hope everyone has a great day  (clapping)

4Ts4H

Hey - Thanks!!!

We were debating whether or not the price of the video was justified.  Your comments have pushed me over the edge, I'm getting it!  How can you put a price on the sense of accomplishment your children feel when they succeed at anything.

Pete

Simmymom1

4Ts4H said:
Hey - Thanks!!!

We were debating whether or not the price of the video was justified.  Your comments have pushed me over the edge, I'm getting it!  How can you put a price on the sense of accomplishment your children feel when they succeed at anything.

Pete

Pete - believe me it is definately worth the cost of the video, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have  :)

kanshow

I have been wondering about that video as well.. sounds like it would be worth the money.    I'm gonna buy it!! 

Jill

Congratulations, isn't it amazing that someone else can tell them the same things you have been telling them, and they hear it when someone else says it. (thumbsup)