I have a shorthorn/angus heifer, Want to breed her to color...Suggestions

Help Support Steer Planet:

jwfarms

Dakota gold was marketed as calving ease when he hit the scene, I don't have personal experience.  We used solid gold, but never on heifers.

Warrior10

Gargan said:
Carpe diem. If she's th free
Was about to post this. I have used Carpe Diem on non-clubby heifers. In my cases he has followed the pattern of the cow...Red Roan Shorthorn = Red Roan looking calf. Red Brockle simmental = red brockle calf.

librarian

It's hard to wait, but maybe just think about a heifer safe bull the first time around and hope for a live healthy calf. Then get creative with the second calf when she is older and knows what she's doing and you know what she can do.

sue

Mark suggested a white bull ( Beer Money) . I really liked the sire group at Schrag's sale by Kolt Kane Nitro. You might contact Schrags about semen, he is solid white and used on there heifers.

mark tenenbaum

Forgot Abertees Rock and Roll Train-White-proven calving ease-and alot of good calves-Louisville champ steer was a full sib and no pud-We had the National Spring Caf champ bull in Denver 04-who was a full sib to his dam-She was much better than the bull- O0

Mark H

What does kind of cololor does the IP want?  Diluter gene or non diluter gene?  What is the desired color of the calf?