I NEED HELP CHOOSING BULL TO AI MY COWS

Help Support Steer Planet:

kp1625

I would like yalls input on what bull I should AI my cows to.  My cows finished calving about 45 days ago with their first calf.  They are a nice set of black baldies.  I was wanting to breed them to a club calf type bull.  I would like a bull that will produce some good club calf producing females later on down the rode.  I have a few in mind...YellowJacket & Dr. Who, to name a couple.  Any ideas.  Thanks

Bradenh

i heard yellow jacket was a cow killer.....i would use him on a third or fourth calf...... jonny walker red throws some nice clubby ones though u might wanna look into him

glw

i have some paddy-omalley calves, and carlos-okelly calves they are looking real good.they seem to throw good club calves

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
I had some Yellow Jacket calves this year out of Angus cows an had no problems at all calving them, but I had heard of trouble  with big calves by him out of some crossed up cows ,suppose there is just a little more power out of some of those cows ....

Blackhawk

Yellow jacket is a good choice just keep him on better fronted females. I have had some great heifers the last couple years. Just curious if you are looking for crossbred bulls or maine bulls to use. Dr who is a very consistent bull but would consider heat wave or a few heat wave sons for steers.

TMJ Show Cattle

If you are looking to get some replacement heifers for club calf production down the road in a couple years,use WMW, Full Flush,Chill Factor,Maximus,,3C Macho,Total Solution, Habenero,Full Throttle,Grizz]angus] Aftershock,Hard Core,Ali and on and on.

kk

Breed everything to heatwave or a clone get a nice maine or half simmy bull for clean up and keep those hiefers for your cowherd