I need some help

Help Support Steer Planet:

Chris Bingham

I am planning on submitting the American Junior Shorthorn Board application and had a question. It ask to list upto 10 activities, honors, and achievements that would qualify me for the position. I was thinking about list them under a heading (for example: Leadership Training, Leadership Roles, Showring Honors, etc.), does that sound like a good idea? And then should I write out something about each item as to why it is qualifing or is that something they would ask in an interview.

Chris

austin

I would stay away from the headings - it might look a little bit arrogant. Showring Honors might be okay, depending upon what else you have to put on the app. Just pick ten things that are significant - your very best ten - and right those down. And I don't think you need to elaborate too much - the people who review your app will be familiar with what your talking about.

aj

Good luck. I think they put to many women on the board. Just kidding. They are probably more stable then men at this age. Seriously the Shorthorns have a great youth program. I admire your want to get involved.

shortdawg

I'm always big on things that define your character. It takes a lifetime to build and a second to lose. What makes you as a person good for the job or position. Good luck and we will look forward to seeing you at some of the Jr. Activities we attend.

showman ne

Chris Bingham said:
Alright. Were all your activities centered around showing or did you include others?

no i had some other stuff in there too. Involvement with state association and things like that