I nominate Doc for President

Help Support Steer Planet:

Malinda

I posted before that Doc not only gave me phone numbers for motels in Nashville (for the Tenn. State Fair) but went to the Red Roof Inn and checked it out for me.

Well, my old 1999 Ford F250 gasoline truck with 166,000 + miles started acting up Fri night on the way back to the motel. I said something to Doc Sat morning about repair shops. He was helping groom, but dropped everything and went out to his car and got phone numbers and made some calls for me. We had no luck finding anyone doing more than oil changes but my point is he dropped everything to help me out.

I went to a Ford dealer Mon morning that was about a mile from the motel. They said it would be at least 3 days (or more) before they could look at the old truck. I called Doc and he said he would call me right back. Within 2 minutes he called and gave me directions to a Ford dealer 'that is waiting on you'. Now, that's service!

We had to have the cattle out of the barn Sat night, so Doc went all the way home, got his truck, picked up my trailer and my bull and took them to his house. He cared for the bull all weekend plus had him tied up for me on Mon 'so you don't have to catch him'. He was very apologetic that he couldn't just drop everything and run home Monday to hook my truck up to the trailer and load the bull. I am going to loose sleep over having to hook up my own trailer and load my own bull!

What a nice 'family' we have here on Steer Planet.

Also got to meet JoeBinTenn (I know I got that wrong, but hope everyone knows who I mean). I told him how much I liked his bull....the red one he posted the picture of with his Dad on the halter.

CF Martin wasn't there, but I did get to visit with Franklin Martin and Sharon and Ben Wilson and Bill Ziates (sp?). Also got to meet the Leeman's from Illinois. A father and son from Georgia introduced themselves to me at Cates's sale and they were tied next to my bull. I congratulated the young man on taking the time to put on a clean shirt. That told me he had pride in his heifers and himself. Very nice folks.

It was a very nice show and the people at the fair went out of their way to make everyone welcome. Makes me hate the Ohio State Fair even more. We got there about midnight on Thurs night and the director of the beef show was still there! She took one of the guys working for me in her golf cart to show him where to park the trailer. How nice!

Congratulations to all the winners.

No way I can say thanks enough times to let Doc know how much I appreciate everything he did.

Malinda

Doc

Malinda, I was glad that I was able to help out a little. I was also very glad you got to come down!! I know Shortdawg will be disappointed to know that you didn't get to go down to the "White Trash Cafe"  his favorite cafe. Your bull looked good & I heard a lot of good compliments on him.
  You're also very right in the fact that it seems like we have a very good group of people on here that sure seem to try to help each other out every chance they can. I can also say I've made some very good friends on here.

txshowlamb

yes Doc is a great person Doc as well helped me recently through some of my rough times.

justintime

Doc... haven't been wearing the white flowing robes lately.... interested in renting them?  The price is right. They are still in good shape.... other than one small grape Kool aid stain.

Doc

justintime said:
Doc... haven't been wearing the white flowing robes lately.... interested in renting them?  The price is right. They are still in good shape.... other than one small grape Kool aid stain.

Yea , I don't know that I'm quite ready for that yet. But the Kool aid sounds kind of tempting!! ;D

JIT, I did PM you on another matter, if you'll check.

OH Breeder

Malinda,
In all of dealings with Mr. Doc he has always been a pleasure to deal with. A super person and honest guy!
Glad you are home safe and sound. One of these days we will run into one another.

justintime

Doc said:
justintime said:

Yea , I don't know that I'm quite ready for that yet. But the Kool aid sounds kind of tempting!! ;D

JIT, I did PM you on another matter, if you'll check.

Doc... I replied to your PM last night when I got it. Obviously, it vanished somewhere. I replied again tonight. Let me know if you got this one

shortdawg

Doc, Does this mean you will be moving into " The Orange House " up in DC pretty soon ? Ole Smokey should have plenty of room to roam there and plenty of trees to hike his leg on.  ;)