I.T. and cattle

Help Support Steer Planet:

jphelps

Was just talking with an uncle of mine who gave me what sounds like a cool idea to me. What (if any) help would an I.T. (information technology) degree be to a cattle/livestock/related areas business or operation? Is there a connection to cattle genetics/development etc. And I.T.? With the integration of probably and statistics it seems like there should be some type of application. Sorry if this seems a bit confusing, I'm still trying to think things through. Thoughts??? (thumbsup)

jason

An Information Technology (Information Systems) or Computer Science degree will be a useful tool in any industry, including cattle.  In my experience, computer science is more geared toward the programming side and an IT degree will include some programming, but more focus toward the role of information in business.

My degree is Computer Science and I can tell you from experience, you don't learn a speicific programming language, but you learn the aptitude to be able to learn languages.  Some people get it faster than others.

Just look around and you can see everything runs on information.