I was feeling ambitious over spring break...

Help Support Steer Planet:

simba

... So I clipped and pictured my entire cowherd (which is only 5 females, but hey, it still took some time). Any opinions are welcome. Also let me know what you think of the photo editing, I just recently taught myself how to do it, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. The animals were not edited (I'm very much against that), only the halters, shadows and manure was photoshopped out of the picture.

The first picture is FCC 40U PARADISE 5X      Sire: WLB SHAPLEY 50S 40U      Dam: FCC 102M PARADISE 3S

The second picture is BARE MISS ZIG ZAG 37Z   Sire: JSF 69 TRACER 7W    Dam: FCC 40U PARADISE 5X

Attachments

• Paradise.jpg
    Paradise.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 198
  • Zig Zag.jpg
    Zig Zag.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 196

simba

The third picture is NCX MISS WOOT 24W    Sire: NCX RMN TOMASSO 51T      Dam: NCX MISS TANGO 2T

The fourth picture is BARE MISS ZARA 13Z    Sire: BRL CALL 100L    Dam: NCX MISS WOOT 24W

Attachments

• Woot.jpg
    Woot.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 186
  • Zara.jpg
    Zara.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 215

simba

This last picture is NCX MISS WHIPLASH 3W      Sire: SQUARE-D EDGE 694D    Dam: NCX MISS JR PACIFICA 590P

She is the dam of You Tube (the bull in my avatar), and was recently sold to AXA Polled Herefords, of Saint John, NB. to add to their donor program.

Attachments

• Whiplash.jpg
    Whiplash.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 197

jbzdad

good job with photoshopping and picturing!  subjects are posed appropriately and centered  ... background cleaned up nicely    nice group of herefords ... should make some great recips!!!

I know those are fighting words .. just couldn't resist... they really are nice females and anyone would be proud to be working with them

bulldawg

NICE COWS!!!! We have been showing a Simmi Heifer, but my son has decided he really would rather do Herefords, these are nice females you have. I hope we can find some nice ones, We have Angus, Simmi, and Xbred now.

vanridge

Nice herd Larissa! I like Zara, be nice tosee her after she calves. I also like Woot. If I had to say something critical about her, I would say that she's a little long in the teats. Whiplash really is a nice cow. (thumbsup)

Limiman12

Like that fifth cow.....  Maybe not the showiest one you have, but looks like a very good broody mama cow that will raise good one every year!

simba

Thank you for all of the comments!

jbzdad said:
nice group of herefords ... should make some great recips!!!

I know those are fighting words .. just couldn't resist... they really are nice females and anyone would be proud to be working with them

jbzdad, thanks for the compliments and laugh! Last year at Farmfair a Braunvieh breeder was telling me about the breed's maternal traits and I accidentally blurted out "Too bad I can't get my hands on a few of those, sounds like they'd make awesome recips!" She just laughed at me and said she'd take that as a compliment.

vanridge said:
Nice herd Larissa! I like Zara, be nice tosee her after she calves. I also like Woot. If I had to say something critical about her, I would say that she's a little long in the teats. Whiplash really is a nice cow. (thumbsup)
Thanks vanridge, this is why I love hearing everyone's opinions, I can't say I've ever noticed that she has long teats, but now that you pointed it out, I realize that she does. Hearing all the different perspectives helps make me more aware of my animals' strengths and weaknesses, so I really do appreciate them!

Whiplash is certainly my favorite cow out of the bunch, I was sad to sell her, but the time and price was right and I can't wait to see what her ET calves look like. I'm also breeding all of my females to her son You Tube, so that was also a reason to let her go. I retained my choice of three embryos, so in the future I can still build my herd off of her.

Zara is pretty neat too, I can't wait to see what she looks like after calving next spring, I really think she'll be a maternal beast!