Help Support Steer Planet:

Do you like herefords

• yes

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • no

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

txshowlamb

trhank you everyone for the wonderful comments and helpful tips i just hope i do well for my first year but if i dont oh well theres next year

Steer Boy 101

Very usual hereford we have 50 herefords and are goin more toward show steer i thikn we do very well and we usualy breed for production im in wisconsin. Hereford steer seam to me high in the top loin try to make sure to keep him flat topped in the ring other wise great job  :)

JSchroeder

so do you think he is competitive  or just normal

As with most steers, that depends on what level you are trying to compete at.  He could compete at the county level in most county and/or ag shows I know of as long as there is a Hereford or British class.

At the majors, it will be tough to find a sale hole with the new Hereford colored crossbreds that have become so popular.  In my opinion, Hereford and Charolais have become two of the most competitive breed classes there are at the Texas majors.

With your first steer, where you place isn't nearly as important as what you learn.  Take every opportunity to ask people questions about what you could be doing better.

BIGTEX

angusboy1 said:
that kinda confused me

I think it would be pretty hard to compete at the major level in Texas with that steer. He would probably do fine at the county level depending on the competition and classification. As stated by JSchroeder. He looks like a great project to get your feet wet and learn as much as possible. :)

red

angusboy1 said:
that kinda confused me

I guess what many are saying is that your first project should be a learning experience. You don't have to start out winning on the first year. I've found that those that do are set up for disappointments down the road. also, never quit learning! I think all of us have learned things both here & from others. you'll always find someone w/ more experience & that can do it better than you. Take the time to listen, ask questions & keep track of what you've learned!

Red

txshowlamb

i totally agree with yall i want to learrn as much as possible but of course it would be fun to place too thnaks soooo much for all the help

Latest posts