Ideas PLEASE!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Jace

Hey Everyone! This year at my county fair, we have something new called the Barnyard Ball, it is where you take any animal that can be lead on a halter/leash and come in costume to the show ring and compete against others for a prize. I am going to be using my friend's dairy heifer for it, and was wanting to get some idea's from you guys on the Planet! I am a guy, 5' 7". Don't want something super cheesy, but if you all could help with ideas I would appreciate it. The fair theme this year is "Let the good times roll!" Thanks, Jace

RSC

Drop the dairy heifer from a helecopter with a parechute down 2 the ring like that chicken commercial!

showstud

Be careful what you put on the heifer...a similar event happened at jr. nationals and a heifer freaked out and almost hurt some people and the heifer too!!

Jace

Good Idea Zach! I will make sure and watch what I put on the heifer. My friend has one holstein, like 4 brown swiss and a couple jerseys, SO I think I might use the Holstein since she looks like a dye! But I don't know if I want to do it or not LOL. Thanks for the ideas guys!

OqRanch

Wear a red & white plaid shirt & put a tutu on the cow.  Go as square dancers.  Corny I know, but no one else will do it.

Jace

That really is a good idea. I jsut don't know how I am supposed to make a tutu that big, and how to get it on the heifer! LOL. Oh yeah, I won't be able to use the holstein because she is being sold this year so I will probably have a big brown swiss

OqRanch

Measure the back end of the cow.  Get a piece of 2 inch wide elastic a little bigger than that.  Get Some velcrow to close it.  Tell your mom or grandma what I'm getting at.  They will know how to sew it without a pattern.  Too bad your not close to us.  Lol,  I'd make it for you.  Good luck & have fun what ever you do.

blackcows

How about a Mardis Gras theme?  Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler (French for Let the good times roll!) is something we heard and read a lot when we were in New Orleans for Mardis Gras last year.

Mike

cowz

Or go Hawiian!  Get a grass skirt and lei for the heifer and a hawiian shirt and lei for yourself that matches! ;D

jason

We have the same thing at our fair, except just with bucket calves.  Zach is right, elvis is always  a good one

Jace

I tihnk I am going to do the hawaiian thing. I have red hair, so the elvis thing would look kind of wierd. A coconut bra on the heifer would be pretty funny too!