Idol-anyone surprised?

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Well, I guess we're down to the final two. Blake & Jordin! anyone surprised that it these two?
I'm really starting to like Blake. He's doesn't sing the type of music I usually like but he really is fun to watch. Just has that natural cool about him. also he works on his songs. He can't be called a copy cat. He's willing to take risks, which is what I think hurt Melinda.
I really like Jordin but just not sure how commercial she will be. She's very good but is like so many others. I think she'll probably win but I'm rooting for Blake.

Red

brahmergirl

I missed the ending, I was outside doing the many tasks of the evening and missed the last ten minutes but found out this morning.  Yes, I was shocked.  I thought Melinda was good but I thought she didn't fit the class though.  I kind of thought she was in a different class.  Probably because she kind of already knew the ropes where the others were not seasoned like her.  There was just something about her that bugged me.  I guess it was at the beginning when she acted so shocked to still be there each week, a little too dramaish for me.  She never acted glad just astonished that she was still there.  Not real sure I think Blake is the IDOL but Jordin I think sure is a raw talent for sure.  I was upset Lakisha was voted out.  That girl could sing! 

knabe

i liked lakisha too, but she never smiled or seemed to enjoy herself till the end.

i think the stories about the singers pretty much summed it up.  not sure how each of them had an effect on their story, but it was interesting to see the venues they each played to.

blake, building from small ditty's and building to climax with national anthemn at huge stadium and seemed to enjoy the attention and give the fans something
jordin a smaller venue, but more of them
and melinda at church, not knocking church, but seemed to not connect with the fans as much, and this might have been the production of the scenes.

i agree with not liking blake's style but agree he is fun to watch.  i'm kinda tired of the constant crying.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( (the fans are supposed to be doing that, which is what they do when blake comes around, which is why i think he will win. 
and making those checkered pants cool.  who has worn those and when was it?  i never did, we had the stripes on the west coast.

when i watch seacrest, i think of willie wonka, how he's both kind and mean

red

plus Ryan is such a short guy! Jordin makes him look like a little doll beside her. I know she's big girl (fluffy) but he makes her look like a linesbacker!

Red

mommacow

Melinda, just sang to old of songs, had it been the 60's she would have won hands down!!

I am rooting for Jordin -  but I like Blake really well too~!!

knabe

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/16/AR2007051603065.html?hpid=topnews

blunt review

OH Breeder

I read sometime back in a "behind the scenes of Idol, that Idol judge Simon has more of final say in the results than most think. I think they intentionally dismissed Melinda because as the review said, we worship youth. She definitely was an old soul in a young persons body. I would buy her album. Really enjoyed her. Miss lakisha and don't care who wins this year. I think it is one of the least amount of talent years in a while. Look at kelly clarkston and carrie. It is hard to compare the two that are left to them.