If you could move....

Help Support Steer Planet:

pigguy

If you could move anywhere in the USA to raise show cattle, where would it be?? shows, breeders, pasture, landscape, or something else. ??? ???

i was thinking south for the shows but north for the cold weather, but ditto (cow)

Show Dad

I would buy a place next to Red. That way she could teach my kids all she knows. While I play with the new pup! (dog)

(I know, what a suck-up. But since we're dreaming so what. ;))

aj

I would like to have a ranch in the sandhills of nebraska. Cherry county would work. Houses are 40 miles apart from each other. No traffic no people just me and my dog and wife. Its is a little chilly in the winter. You can drive down the highway for 50 miles and meet one vehicle. If I had 6 or 7 million thats where I would go. Cherry county has more cattle in it than alot of states have. I think it is the largest county in the usa. There are still a couple of country schools if I am not mistaken. There are a couple of good maine breeders up there. Jerry adamson, etc etc. etc.Mari Sandoz an author grew up in that country. Yes call me a introvert but I long for cherry county. ;D

TJ

aj said:
I would like to have a ranch in the sandhills of nebraska. Cherry county would work. Houses are 40 miles apart from each other. No traffic no people just me and my dog and wife. Its is a little chilly in the winter. You can drive down the highway for 50 miles and meet one vehicle. If I had 6 or 7 million thats where I would go. Cherry county has more cattle in it than alot of states have. I think it is the largest county in the usa. There are still a couple of country schools if I am not mistaken. There are a couple of good maine breeders up there. Jerry adamson, etc etc. etc.Mari Sandoz an author grew up in that country. Yes call me a introvert but I long for cherry county. ;D

Cherry County... One of the largest heards of Lowlines is located in that county too.  ;)

cowz

Somewhere that would cause a snowshovel to RUST!

OH Breeder

When I was younger I wanted to travel and did. Now that I am pushing 40 and I have lived " in the city" and commute to the farm, I would move back to the farm in a heart beat. 500 acres in Northwest Ohio. I am use to the weather and if I want to really get out there is always a car, plane and train to get you there.

shorthorns r us

i would go only as far south as i had to for coastal bermuda to survive.  unfortunately i would probably have to go south of the red river into east-central texas.

Will

SRU said:
i would go only as far south as i had to for coastal bermuda to survive.  unfortunately i would probably have to go south of the red river into east-central texas.
We raise a lot of bermuda grass and we are in Northeastern Oklahoma.  Not to brag but we won the national forage competition last year with some bermuda grass.  You just have to use the improved varieties.  This year we averaged almost ten ton of hay per acre on our bermuda grass fields.  We have greenfield. midland 99, and Ozarka varieties.  They have turned into a very good cash crop.  They take lots of management but can be very profitable.