IL State Fairgrounds

Help Support Steer Planet:

simtal

I think that power situation is going to be a major problem.  I'm told that estimated costs of repair are at around $ 15 million.  IL will be lucky to have a state fair this year.  Bad deal, but nobody (Blago) gives a hoot.

shortyjock89

Looks like we'll be showin at the Hoosier State Fair this year...and this would have been only the 2nd year that we got to stall in the basement (air conditioned) of the open show barn....dang it :mad:

justintime

So .... what exactly are the power problems at the Illinois State Fairgrounds? And what has been the major causes of the problems there? I have heard of some events being cancelled but am not sure of what the problems are exactly.  This sounds like a real mess as there are some excellent facilities there.

simtal

Well I heard that the main power grid blew up.  All of the major electrical lines run underground and its gonna be a real pain to repair all the electric lines.  With the current economy of our state I'd say that the fairgrounds are in bad shape. 

Cows-N-Corn

The fairgrounds electrical system was having some problems back in JAN. but the state did nothing. The problem got worse and the state did nothing. By the middle of FEB. it was unsafe to be on the fairgrounds, and the state thought about doing something. Once they got to work on the problem they discovered that the electrical lines probably have asbestos in them and the whole system has to be taken out. It was suppose to last 25 years and lasted 29 years. Obviously it should of been taken out a few years ago to prevent any problems but the state didnt want to spend the money to do it. Now they have a really expensive problem that most likely will cancel the STATE FAIR. I am so sick of government corruption in this state. At least with Ryan things got done. BLOWGO still takes the bribes and spends our tax dollars to fly around in his private jet, but nothing gets fixed. I realise it will be expensive and the ISF has been losing money lately, but there are just some things a state has to have, and in the midwest that is a state fair. Texas has like five, and we cant even keep our one going! :mad: :mad: It makes me wonder why people like our governor can get away with this while our whole freakin state outside of Chicago suffers.  ??? Its a freaking joke.

doubled

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
Looks like we'll be showin at the Hoosier State Fair this year...and this would have been only the 2nd year that we got to stall in the basement (air conditioned) of the open show barn....dang it :mad:

That is really too bad the guys were looking forward to some calves they sold showing in the Junior show a dissapointment for all