Illinois Gov't / Extension

Help Support Steer Planet:

GLZ

I know there are a few Illinois residents out there, and most probably already know about it but it never hurts to get more word out.  In case you haven't followed our idiot of a Governor Rod Blagojevich is holding out funds previously marked for the extension program.  He is basically trying to hold legislature hostage so that he can have more money budgeted for his ridiculous medical plan.  The big problem is the extension program needs that money to pay your normal bills.  The extension in my county has a meeting tonight to try to come up with ideas on how to keep the doors open.

http://www.qctimes.com/articles/2008/04/08/news/illinois/doc47fb009d44d83341457708.txt

http://www.brownfieldagnews.com/gestalt/go.cfm?objectid=34D7A34D-0262-2EF4-C950F8CE1557AA49

He is the worst governor the state of Illinois has ever seen, and that is really saying something considering we have a former one in prison right now.

Chap

since i live in a border county in IA, I completely understand your pain.  I have heard a little about this.  BAD DEAL!  The Governor of IL has repeatedly displayed his ignorance and arrogance while in office.  I am very surprised that he is still in office. 

knabe

i wonder if the taxpayer will ever withold their funds.  probably not because there are just too many entitlement programs with sympathy generating spokespeople.  after all, a bond is not a tax increase.  where would people direct their funds if they got more of it back?  since it's a given, that people will just raise their lifestyle and more money usually never solves a money problem, i guess at some level, the government should have all our money.  after all, they've done study after study to show they are more responsible with our money than we are.

voters will never change.  they are addicted to republicans and democrats.  they receive too many loss leader gifts, and don't even know what they are.

simtal

Yeah 'ol Rod maybe one sorry Gov but, the likelihood that he we seek and win re-election is probably pretty good.  Chicago is the straw stirring the drink in this state.  There isn't much people can do.  Universities haven't received C-FAR money yet.  As a grad student, that is worrying.

SimmMom

A Joint Hearing of the House and Senate Ag and Conservation Committees will meet tomorrow Wed the 16th at 8 am in Rm 114 of the State Capitol to address the funding issue. As always in the these situations, contact your legislators asap and let them know how you feel. These programs are too important to simply sit back and watch things happen. Get involved and let them know how important these programs are to you!

GLZ

Chicago is the straw stirring the drink in this state.  There isn't much people can do

Well that is partly true.  Blago actually lost the democratic primary in Chicago last go round, but the southern democrats actually carried him enough to win the primary.  He then destroyed Topinka which was no shock to anyone.

Maybe if Rod wouldn't fly back and forth to home in Chicago every day, the state could save that $8,000 a day.  It would be a start.  The 4-H programs are going to be in a world of hurt.

Illinois gov't is absolutely the biggest joke out there right now.  It is nothing short of mindboggling.

shorthorns r us

As for 99.99% of elected officials, I find them conservative in only three areas: humility, common sense and honesty.

showgirl2010

knabe said:
oprah for governor.

Funny joke.  My whole 4-h group which is over 50 people will be sending him a letter as well as very detailed letters from a few other people.  My dad is having a Progressive Farmer magazine sent to him directly from the company.  The particular issue has to do with 4-h and everything about it.  The letters are going to be sent one at a time to linger the process.

I know it won't help, but who knows. 

Blojo by far makes George Ryan look good.  ;D

Jamie

shortyjock89

Yeah, good ol IL sure is backwards when it comes to a lot of things.  We might not even have a state fair this year.  If that happens, Iowa here I come! 

garybob

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
Yeah, good ol IL sure is backwards when it comes to a lot of things.  We might not even have a state fair this year.  If that happens, Iowa here I come! 
That's why, after Vet School, you need to move to the Ozarks, or somewhere else with a lot of Cow-calf herds. If you chose Arkansas, I'd stay out of Washington or Benton County, though. They sell the land by the square-foot there!

GB

showgirl2010

Thanks for the tips GB.  I am thinking of going out of state for college.  So 2 more years and watch out Kentucky.
Digging up roots that are allready established though will be hard.  Oh well I love challenges.

Jamie

red

showgirl2010 said:
Thanks for the tips GB.  I am thinking of going out of state for college.  So 2 more years and watch out Kentucky.
Digging up roots that are allready established though will be hard.  Oh well I love challenges.

Jamie

They have some real good programs. more cow/calf. Excellent equine program.

Red

knabe

maybe they can find food underneath everyone's chair on oprah in special little armani wrapping.  uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

showgirl2010

red said:
showgirl2010 said:

Jamie

They have some real good programs. more cow/calf. Excellent equine program.

Red

Ya I hoping to make a vet surgeon, but not sure where I want to go yet.  Murray State is sounding better by the minute though.  I just went there today for a judging contest.

Jamie