I'm about to build an ark!

Help Support Steer Planet:

justme

Here in NW Missouri we have had over 6" since sunday 3a.m.  My poor critters look miserable.  I have enough critters maybe I need an ark lol.

Anyone else out there getting the rain?  :-\

red

I bet Shortdawg will take some of it!
We've actually gone a couple of days without any rain. lots of fields being planted!
You'll need another donkey. Think you have 2 of everything else!

Red

iowa

justme,

I am in Des Moines and the farm is 25 SE of here and we had 2.3 inches Saturday night and Sunday and it is raining again right now. We had  3 inches last week. It was just starting to dry up. We can't get in the fields and they are calling for rain through Wednesday.  Will not complain too much, been a little dry the last 2 years. The big flood of 93' started off like this so I hope we are not looking at a repeat of that!

justme

Just heard 2 schools are closing already today and its only 9:30!  roads getting washed out and the levey in fairfax broke. WOW makes me miss Ohio and good old lake Erie! (lol)

brahmergirl

Can your ark swing down to southeast kansas and pick up me and my critters also?  We too have had inches after inches and it is not done yet!  They are allowing parents to come pick their kids up here due to roads being closed. 

I woke up this morning and our spring was flooded.  Our pasture looked like a fast moving lake and my mare was getting a little worried it was headed for her pasture as it was right up to the fence.  We're supposed to have rain here until this coming Sunday.  We shoveled so much mud out of the stalls this weekend, it's not even funny. 

Bad thing is, we need to get a bale of hay for the goats but scared to death to drive the tractor down there for fear of burying it and not ever finding it.  ;D

Buttttt..... in July i know i'll wish this rain was back again!

Peyton

red

Oh no, not the brahmas under water again! Still seeing them trying to swim the last time!

Red

brahmergirl

Nope we moved them to the north pasture on the front side of the house.  No swimming there, except for where the runoff from the pond is. 

Thanks for your concern Red for my beloved brahma's.  They mean a lot to me.  ;D

justme

We were dry the past couple years but wow were about 6.5" in less than 48 hours.  We lost some entire roads ect.  Thank goodness it has stopped for a while.  Weatheman says we are to get more up until Thursday. :-\

Jill

You must not be far from us, we dumped out 6 3/4 inches yesterday luckily we set up high and will never flood, but the pens are a total mud pit.  They showed on the news this morning that Topeka and basically everything east is flooded.  St. Joe is expected to get it today.  I think we are getting pretty close to the 93 flood.  The sun is shining this morning so hopefully no more for a while.

SKF

Please send some rain down to Florida!!! We are very dry and having lots of brush fires.

justme

Where are you at Jill?  I am just south of Mt. Ayr, Iowa.  About 20 min. west of I-35.  Heck we may meet someday! (clapping)

Jill

Our house actually sits right on I-35, we are in Gardner, KS about 20 minutes outside of Kansas City.  I think you have donated some items with my husband for the American Royal, but I don't think I have met you, maybe we'll get that done this year.  Are you going to Lawton?

justme

Is your last name Allen?  I may have met you in Springfield at Jr. Nationals.  No we decided against Lawton.  Not my decision lol.  The price of gas ect. just made it so expensive.  Were going to show at some smaller shows here in Missouri.  Danielle is showing her first "big" heifer this year and its been a rough go of it.  Did you guys buy that baldy heifer from Major's? 

Jill

Yes, that is us.  Springfield was kind of a blur for us, we had a really good show and were so busy I don't remember much, but had a great time. 
No we didn't end up buying any breeding heifers, always a big decision but we are showing a couple that we raised this year, it's hard to spend a lot on an 8 year old.  We are getting ready to flush the Dr.Who we bought from them last year, we just love that heifer and she has made a really nice cow.  We had planned on taking her as a cow calf pair to Jr. Nationals, but decided we really didn't want to work that hard so she went to pasture instead.
You are correct, Jr. Nationals are very expensive, but we have such a great time we kind of make it our vacation for the year.  Plan ahead for next year, from what I understand Shorthorn, Maine and I think Chi Jr. Nationals are all going to be in Kansas City.  That will be a nice one really close to home.

justme

Yeah we'll be there and at the Royal for sure.  We bought 2 heifers from Bob and Colleen this year.  Danielle is 9 and its her 1st year in 4-H so were just hoping for her to remain calf and have fun lol.  You may remember her, your son and her were the 2 youngest showers I think.  She had a tinty little April calf. 

Make sure your husband hollers for donations again for the tie out.  Everyone forgot me last year lol.  We'll see you there!