I'm afraid I'm bragging again!

Help Support Steer Planet:

inthebarnagain

This week was our area livestock judging contest, this one is not age divided, Caitlin, who is 11 years old was judging against seniors in high school.  Got the results yesterday, SHE WON!!!  <party> <party> On her judging scoring she got a 290 out of 300.  I don't think we've come down from cloud 9 yet!

jbh

Congrats Caitlin.......those are some of my FAVORITE memories growing up.....be sure and take a good look around at the other kids while your at the contest......because a few of them will probably become major show judges, and you can always say you BEAT them when you were a kid!

Sounds like one of those future major show judges just might be YOU though!

justintime

Congratulations to both Caitlin and you. I am sure you had a little part in her success.  And this kind of bragging is well deserved and proper. Thanks for letting us know and allowing us to be a part of your happiness

CPL

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So does that mean she is going to the state contest? If I remember right you are in Southern IN, right? Our area contest is this Tuesday.

inthebarnagain

CPL said:
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So does that mean she is going to the state contest? If I remember right you are in Southern IN, right? Our area contest is this Tuesday.

Yes she qualified by being in the top 5.  I'm trying to build the team back up.  This is my first year as the coach and it was just her and her best friend who is a year older, who placed 22nd.  Hopefully their success will draw in some others!

stangs13

Its one thing to win with a livestock project, because a parent can have a lot to do with that project, but in livestock judging it is all kid!! I love judging, and winning a contest is one of the best things ever!!

shortyjock89

That's fantastic! I loved judging as a kid in 4-H and FFA. She keeps judging like that, and college might be pretty easy to pay for!  (clapping)