Im soooo excited!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

renegade

I got both of those steers i posted about. The blue roan has awesome markings, hes really gonna stand out. He lacks just a little muscle in the hind end but a good square base and i think he is gonna muscle up with a little feed and work. The red Limi/Red Angus has muscle and then some and he has large volume of the rib. They are both long haired, mello, eating fools. They have both had faces and tails clipped and they are handling it very well. They red is especially classy, he walks with his head UP, i was working with him for about an hour and didnt see him drop that head below "showing level" once (wouldnt have to work on keeping it up) he has a classy face and attitude... and knows it. They are both a little on the clubby side, i really think they will do well. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

Show Heifer

Glad to hear it....really happy you got a limi!!!!!  Have fun with them both!!!

DL

Good for you!! Have a blast (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

pigguy

good luck with the both of them i will be getting pictures of my heifers that we finally got clipped and ready to show

renegade

hopefully i will be able to post pics when i get them home and as we progress through the show season. I can already tell im gonna be sad to see these guys go. :'(

showstick09

I am happy for you. I would like to see a picture of your red limi/red angus. I bred my red angus to a black limi and she should be calving in April.

renegade

I will try and get them on here. They think my red calf and his sons black calf came from the same herd. They look exactly the same in build and stature. The red has a little more in the hind end and the black is a little longer. They said the red calf was more mello compared to the black (the son raises black angus so he wont show a red calf, like i wont show a black one)  :D.  Should i use a black halter on the blue calf? He has quite a bit of white, so i didnt know.

renegade

Ya i will for sure post pics of both, i wouldnt miss a chance to show off would i :D ... JK. But its nice because they have both had clipping done on them and halter work, so some of the hard work is done. I will take some pics when i get them home this weekend and post them, if i can get my phone to do it... my digital is stupid so i just do it off my camera phone.

renegade

Im gonna try and send you some pictures off my phone red. They dont do the calves justice ... the phone kinda sucks. I dont know how they stack up against some calves but they are gonna do great around here.

red

OK, those were your pictures. They looked like pretty good calves. You should be very proud of them.
Did you want me to try & post them? They were pretty fuzzy.

Red

renegade

Could you? If i send them to my computer i cant copy and paste them... does something weird. I will be getting a cable that will let me upload them like a digital though. Thank you for your praise.

red

here you go. They aren't the best qualityof pictures.
Red

Attachments

• 1Multimed.jpg
    1Multimed.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 294
  • 2 Multimed.jpg
    2 Multimed.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 295
  • Bluestee.jpg
    Bluestee.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 289
  • Multimed.jpg
    Multimed.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 283
  • Redsteer.jpg
    Redsteer.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 292

OH Breeder

May I offer a bit of constructive crticism. Both of your calves are nice, they look like they have great coats. We have 8 calves currently in for show. So that we can keep our hair and feet in good shape. We clean the pens like horse stalls everyday. Every other day we try to rinse and wash all the calves in the winter. We have an area outside they can run in that is kept dry and clean. We clean it every two weeks or so. We keep either wood chips or straw in the dry lot. This will help your calves in a few way. They will keep there hair nice and it will help you keep your feet in shape. The feet can get fungus etc if they are kept in wet conditions. If you can build an area like this it is great. Since I push so hard for this, every two weeks I am up there and do the bulk of clean out on the pens. The kids do the every day picking but we take it all out every two weeks or so. Great excercise! If I missed something with the pictures I apologize.
Best of luck with those calves. I thihk that you have some good calves.

renegade

Thankyou for the advice. Im not keeping them there though, thats just where they were unloaded, i had to bring them at seperate times of the day and i wanted them to get to know eachother and get their running and bucking out before putting them in the barn. if you look at the first picture(this isnt in the picture) off to the right of the steer there would be a big red (older but in good shape) barn where they are being kept and when i do turn them out there is an area where we ride the horses and its all sand. It does get super muddy out here so every other weekend we have to take a backhoe and scrape all of the pens so everyone isnt caked in mud and so the animals have somewhere to lay down.