Implants

Help Support Steer Planet:

TLBarrow

Are there any implants specifically for growth? I know there are several implants that can do various things for calves, but I am unaware of which ones work for certain issues. Also are these implants safe to use on breeding cattle or only steers?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
-TLB

Bradenh

All implants are intended to promote growth and weight that's their purpose

Certain ones can be used on heifers synovex h for example or revalor h. Never been much for implanting Bulls I don't know if playing the hormone game is something Id do much of with any type of breeding cattle being that's a little important for them to breed. But there are some that are watered down enough for heifers

TLBarrow

Show stopper 95 said:
All implants are intended to promote growth and weight that's their purpose

Certain ones can be used on heifers synovex h for example or revalor h. Never been much for implanting Bulls I don't know if playing the hormone game is something Id do much of with any type of breeding cattle being that's a little important for them to breed. But there are some that are watered down enough for heifers
Thanks. I found where some people said they use them on heifers but a lot of people don't recommend it. I was asking for a angus heifer I sold during the summer out of a first time heifer. She looks good just on the short side.

Bradenh

Going to be hard to get any more Frame out of one than what their genetics are going to give you