• no

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • yes i even stayed in the room with them as they where put down

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • no i couldnt stay just too hard

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

txshowlamb

Well we got back from the vet and they told us our dog may have cancer. They took xrays and found that theres a infection that may turn to cancer. They put her on meds to hopefully kill it before it spreads but if it doesnt work we have to put her down. Because she will be down to two legs reason is because 8 yrs ago she was attacked by some pitbulls and they told us if they amputated that front left leg that she would die from the surgery because it would be such a complex surgery. So if it turns to be cancer they would have to amputate her back left leg and thats just not fair to her. We found her running a highway 10 yrs ago and she is a very special dog she has been through a lot and has over come all things you thought she couldnt. I have never seen an dog so strong as her I have had her since I was 5 I am now 15. Please pray these meds will work and that she will pull threw and be a happy and strong old lady. Also keep Red in your prayers to. Thanks txshowlamb

BIGTEX

That's no fun. I had a dog very special to me and the coyotes' got him. I still look for him just in case. You will have a lot of dogs in your life and hopefully a lot of good memories. (angel) (angel) (angel)

frostback

That is so tough. I have a old dog that is the first love of my life. He is my best friend and has gone through the most with me, even as much or more than my husband. He is getting so old but I just hope he goes on his own and I dont have to make that decision. I hope that for you too. Hoping for more years. Frostie

txshowlamb

iThanks so much its hard because I know its just a matter of time now its time because if these meds dont work her life is in my hands I have to make the decision and I dont want to be selfish and keep her around if she is miserable.
Thanks again txshowlamb

dori36

txshowlamb said:
iThanks so much its hard because I know its just a matter of time now its time because if these meds dont work her life is in my hands I have to make the decision and I dont want to be selfish and keep her around if she is miserable.
Thanks again txshowlamb

I'm so sorry!  Yes, I've had to make that terrible, final decision for several dearly beloved pets of mine.  I'm MUCH older than you and my pets waiting for me on the other side of the rainbow bridge include several dogs and horses.  There'll be quite a welcoming committee there when it's my turn to cross over!  I was present for all of them as I didn't want to have them 'leave' all alone, afraid at a vet clinic.  I'll definitely keep your doggie (what kind is she?) in my special animal prayers!  Here's a picture of the one that was the hardest for me - "Cody", my little Westie who I had from the time he was 6 wks old 'til he died in my arms, at home, with my Vet's help, at age 15 and a half.

Attachments

• P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 260

txshowlamb

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd176/txlambshower/038-2.jpg there she is chow mix and ten years old ill go ahead and get a better pic and post it

txshowlamb

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd176/txlambshower/039-2.jpg as you see in this pic she has already one bum leg her front left leg as it is her right back left leg with the infection she really does have girly eyes doesnt she

txshowlamb

That was my first time posting a pic like that can some one resize it I cant figurre out how to thanks

Highland FFA

(angel) (angel) (angel)
TX i no its real hard like we  already talked about but i no your strong and shes strong so everything will be ok no matter what happens... you'll both be in my prayers
and i'm here for you if you need me liked we already talked about
your friend
Kelsey (DRSC)
Highland FFA

doubled

My heart goes out to you, we recently did this ourselves and it was the hardest thing Ive had to do in my life, my thoughts are with you and yours.