Incredibly sad, tragic story. Please help if you can.

Help Support Steer Planet:

OKshorthorn

http://kfor.com/2014/03/11/prague-sisters-lose-both-parents-in-48-hours-ffa-community-rallies-behind-them/

FFA chapters across the state are coming together to help two of their own.
16-year-old Emily and 11-year-old Hallie Cooper lost both their mother and their father in a tragic 48 hour period.
Their passion for FFA runs in the family.
“He showed sheep and my mom she just liked the goats,” says Emily. “So then we started showing them.”
As Emily, Hallie and their mom Crystal Cooper were getting ready for their next show, tragedy struck.
Their aunt Misty Griffith says, “She was on the ground, she was just clipping goats and fell over. She said hold on and just fell over.”
The girls were told their mom had died at 6 a.m. the next morning. Four hours later, Emily honored her commitment to the show, winning the highest awards.
Her family, friends and teachers couldn’t believe what they were seeing.
FFA advisor Tanner Thompson says “I saw a girl with incredible strength. Emily said, `This has been a big part of mom and I’s life and I want to honor her by doing what we were getting ready to do.’
“She came over it all to make her mom proud,” says Griffith.
Just 48 hours after losing their mom, the girls received a phone call with news their father, John Cooper, had died in a car accident.
Griffith says, “I cannot imagine what these girls are going through at all.”
Right then their community decided they’d do whatever needed to be done to take care of the Cooper girls.
And the best way they know how is by putting together a live online auction that started with local livestock and farm equipment. It quickly grew into anything, anyone nationwide could donate.
The auction will feature a wide range of items, from livestock to paintings.
And Emily and Hallie get to watch the overwhelming love just pouring in.
Griffith says, “There’s so many people wanting to do so much.”
“I don’t know what to expect out of this auction,” says Thompson. “But I know it’s going to be pretty incredible because that`s what Oklahoma does. They support their own.”
The auction kicks off on March 25th. Click here for more information.
To get involved, contact Tommy Milligan at (405) 880-0191 or [email protected]
Anyone wanting to contribute now can through the Crystal Cooper Memorial Fund at BancFirst or by clicking here.

Latest posts