3rd steer, champ char: Rist from Wagonhammer, Smilin Bob
4th steer, res champ chi: Newsom from Pruet, Uno Mas
5th steer, Champ maine, Briscoe

Grand Heifer, champ simi: Trenepohl
Res Heifer, champ chi: Sennett Family from Foster Bros, Smilin Bob
3rd Heifer, champ xbred: Chamberlain from Goet, i-80
4th heifer, champ angus
5th heifer, champ shorthorn

Didn't catch all the names and calf sires. Fill in the blanks if you know them.
Congrats!

pweaver

Was the Grand steer raised by Jeff Miller?  And who is his sire?  Nice steer as was the reserve of Martin's.  Congrats to everyone!!!!!!

moodog5

Is there anywhere we can see some pics of these champions? And does anyone have the results for all the breed champions for the heifers
Thanks

BLININ

Stockdale  had angus heifer, Xavier Farris had shorthorn also it's a shame they don't allow a family to have two in the top 5 because Wilcoxs crossbred definitely deserved it

pweaver

It's also a shame some of the best steers were left out of the Grand Drive because it's only for the breed champions.  After the first 4 - 5 steers the quality dropped way off.  And then you have some very good xbred and chi steers standing in their stalls.  I know the breeds like to be represented and it's never going to change, but showing all of them together as "Market Steers"  would give you a much more uniform and quality Grand Drive.  I bet I stirred the hornet's nest here, but iy's the way i feel.  Thank goodness there wasn't a Gert in the Drive!!!

Jive Turkey

pweaver said:
It's also a shame some of the best steers were left out of the Grand Drive because it's only for the breed champions.  After the first 4 - 5 steers the quality dropped way off.  And then you have some very good xbred and chi steers standing in their stalls.  I know the breeds like to be represented and it's never going to change, but showing all of them together as "Market Steers"  would give you a much more uniform and quality Grand Drive.  I bet I stirred the hornet's nest here, but iy's the way i feel.  Thank goodness there wasn't a Gert in the Drive!!!

Agree.

They should have one AOB champion in the final drive along with the crossbred division champs like Ohio and other states do.

herfluvr

BLININ said:
Stockdale  had angus heifer, Xavier Farris had shorthorn also it's a shame they don't allow a family to have two in the top 5 because Wilcoxs crossbred definitely deserved it

As Mr Leninger explained at the champion's meeting the "top 5" for steers are the Grand and Reserve then 3 others are picked that will sell in the sale.  He did not refer to them as a Top 5.  So I would think this is why you are only allowed to have 1 steer in the 5 picked to sell in the sale 
  I don't disagree about your liking the other.  Nice steer.  It is still an honor to reach the  5 and to be able to sell.  While most of the time the winners are the domainate breeds(cross, chi maine  etc) it gives the chance for a breed champion to be introduced and it is a big deal for the kids to be able to walk in the Grand Drive. 

CBowlin

BLININ said:

wilcoxs res cross couldnt be in it... martins steer didnt win

Ohio1

I just watched the sale of champions and the top 2 are way above anything else there steer wise