Indiana tornados

Help Support Steer Planet:

inthebarnagain

Hello steerplanet friends. First I want to thank everyone who has sent messages checking on us.  We literally dodged a bullet. When we get electric back I'm going to measure on google earth exactly how close. It's been a matter of debate between my husband and I!  I have video from his parents front porch where we had went because they have a basement.  Can't upload from my phone!

When I stopped filming the tornado continued across the field straight towards us. At the last minute it turned and went towards my husbands grandparents home place, which is no longer in the family but obviously still holds dear memories. When we realized it had passed we ran to the back door and watched it continue another half mile through the fields.

Lots of destruction and unfortunately death.  I thank God for leaving us virtually unscathed other than some very minor hail damage. On an up note, the cows I've been anxiously awaiting calves from decided it was as good a time as any to calve and we now have a heifer and bull out of fat butt and a heifer out of missing link!

kfacres

last spring- my aunt had one go through their yard, picked the calf hutches up- carried the calves over the barn,and set them all back down- un harmed.. broke a tree off- shoved it through their house wall... and then skipped on down the road... 

pretty freaky= the power they have...

jason

I spent thursday to saturday in branson helping out with the damage done to my parents house.  The good thing, no one was hurt and the damage is repairable.

Growing up and living in Kansas, you kind of become numb to these events, but the last couple years have been an eye opener on the sheer # of tornados and damage.