Info on Red Angus Bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

worthabit

Does anyone have any experience using Lazy MC Gridiron or Lazy MC Hustle or are familiar with the pedigrees? If so what are your opinions and what can I expect for progeny.

There are also two new bulls in the semex and genex lineups that I would appreciate comments on. They are Andras New Direction and MRLA Revenue.

Thanks

BTDT

I have not ever used any Lazy MC bulls, but I have seen plenty of really eye appealing and useful cattle with their bloodlines.
In general, Canadians accept more birth weight than many in the states do. I personally do not get all worked up over birth weights unless they are extreme (over 90).  So I would expect solid calves, with guts and thickness and a good hair coat. Larger bone than most US bulls. 

Just keep in mind that Canada and the US has very different requirements when registering cattle (defect testing) and DNA typing. So, make sure whatever bull you chose to use has the appropriate DNA and Defect testing on file.

vcsf

Worthabit, I have seen quite a few Lazy MC Hustle calves more bulls than heifers.  Overall I have been quite impressed with the calves.  They all seem to have good hair and I feel are structurally correct as a whole.  Where I have seen the calves they do not hesitate to recommend the Hustle sons as heifer bulls.  The  vast majority of his calves seem to have plenty of thickness and muscle but there is the odd one that could stand to be more stout though I know some of these have been from heifers or are transplant calves that may not have had the best recip mothers.  Some of the sons have been truly outstanding.  I have not actually seen any daughters milking but the heifer calves and bred heifers have had plenty of capacity and been feminine.

I saw MRLA Revenue when Semex purchased him at the MRL sale.  I liked the bull quite a bit and thought he may have been some what overlooked because he was a two year old and some people seem to only want to look at yearlings.  I definitely preferred Revenue to his half brother New Era that Six Mile purchased the year before with one factor being I feel Revenue is a much stronger topped bull.  In my own opinion the quality of Revenue was not far off that of the yearling paternal brother that brought $50,000 in the same sale and yes for the doubters I am quite sure that was real money.  I remember Revenue as having what I would consider slightly more desireable coloring than what it appears in the picture in the Semex catalog.  One concern I may have with Revenue is disposition, while he and his half brothers all seemed to be quiet out in the pens and any I walked up to including Revenue stayed calm out there a couple did really blow up when brought in to the sale ring.