Internships...

Help Support Steer Planet:

Chris Bingham

I am looking for an internship this summer. I have been looking around on the internet and at the breed associations and so I thought I would ask on here if anyone knew of a good one. I am pretty open to what field it is in, aslong as it deals with animal science. If anyone knows of any can you please let me know!

Thanks,
Chris

Reinken Cattle Co.

I don't know exactly what your location is either but I think you would be surprised to know how many breeders are up that way. The internship opportunity's in Iowa have been endless for me. You just need to widen your search a little and not just on the show aspect. Its nice to get to do anything in the Ag. Industry and it helps out alot to meet new people. After all they say "Its not what you know, Its who you know" If you would like to stay on the show side of things don't always look for an internship that pays well. Just the experience is worth it!  ;)

klintdog

If you feel like coming to North Dakota for th esummer, I could hook you up with an unpaid internship. You would be responsible for all the AI work during the summer, fixing fence, putting up hay, moving cattle, and a few other odd jobs I could line up for you. I wouldn't be able to supervise you though, cause if you were doing all that I'd be on the golf course or vacation for a while :)

shortyjock89

FutureBreeder2013 said:
most of the breeders are 3-4 hours away not to many of them up by the minnesota border

Oakbar here on SP lives like 10 minutes from Minnesota, and he might know of anyone who would need help.

justme

The MO state fair was looking for an intern in the livestock division last I heard.  Might be worth your while to check that.

klintdog

Check some of the bigger breed associations, and also your state livestock association if you have one. Here our North Dakota Stockmen have an internship available.

yousesteers

try the cattlemens association or the state breed assocciations alot of them in MO take a college student intern for the summer some paid some unpaid just look there are things out there