Invitro in Texas

Help Support Steer Planet:

ZNT

You need to talk to Dr. Stroud in Weatherford.  He, along with a few other embryologists, are going to be working with the Vitrogen Lab in Decatur, TX.  Dr. Stroud will be doing the aspirations and transfers, and Dr. Ables' lab will be taking care of the maturation and fertilization of the embryos.

ZNT

knabe said:
any improvement on freezing rate yet?

I have not received any updates on freezing rates lately.  Vitrogen USA has been going through some restructuring of its business model and what their role will be in the IVF services.  More updates should be coming out within the next month.

hereford

Sexing Technologies south of College Station does a lot of IVF. They just built a brand new IVF center that is huge. Last time I was there they had over 1000 recipients.

<cowboy>

sam1988

I have had really good luck with Trans Ova IVF.  Lots of embryos, good preg rate. They sent the embryos to my ET vet and it worked well.

R1Livestock

NHR said:
Trans Ova in Centerville is the worst place to take your cattle. Personal experience with them is horrible.

Taking shots like this is in no way fair.  If you're not willing to share the experience or are scared to put it into public, don't even mention anything.  This is just a cheap blow for all anyone else knows.

twistedhshowstock

Ok, so I am not gonna say your wrong, but exactly how long ago was this and who was running the place when you took the cow.  I have been to TransOva several times in the past couple years since Carey started managing it and I have never seen anything like this happen. Not even remotely close, and it wasnt because they were expecting visitors. I have just randomly dropped in at times. I have never seen a cow mistreated there, they are handled calmly and well taken care of.  Calves get sick, it happens, but I have always been called if anything was even slightly off with anything I had there, and so has everyone I know that has taken anything there.
As far as them focusing on rodeo stock, no they focus on cattle, of ANY type, we just happen to be in an area that has a lot of rodeo stock and TransOva is very well respected in the industry, so a lot of big rodeo stock producers bring their cattle to TransOva for IVF.  My family raises bucking stock in south louisiana, and our cows come to TransOva for IVF.
If you had your cow IVF'ed and froze the embryos that could be a big problem with why you didnt have good luck, IVF embryos do not freeze very well at all, thus they recomend you have recips set up to put the embryos directly in. And if you only got 6 embryos it obviously was not a good flush or aspiration to begin with. 
I am not saying your wrong, I just cant believe any of this about TransOva, its so against everything I have ever seen or experienced there. Maybe this was before current management?