iowa beef expo maine sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

redwingfarm

Does anyone have the results for the heifers in yesterday's sale, I watched the bulls sell online but had to leave before heifers were done,

Also did anyone see the #9 bull in person, the Gigolo Joe son, if so what did he look like??
thanks

justme

I was so mad that hte system crashed as he came on.  My hubby wanted me to grab him if he went low enough.  He was high selling bull according to my records he brought $5600.  From my sources he was a really good bull.  Commonsense...you got any pictures?  I know there was at least 1 other wanting to bid online when the system went down.

Jill

We have found that online bidding is a great way to see a sale if you can't go, but if I want an animal, we call and bid on the phone.  We have had a couple of times that we missed ones that we really wanted simply because the online systems are a fraction of a second off, my screen showed I was in and still didn't get the animal.  Technology is a great tool, but if you really want to win the bid, call.

justme

oops I was wrong, K and A had a $6000 bull but Commonsense was a close second.  Congrats!

red

really ticked me off when the system shut down. woody & I were waiting to wave at Juli! He hates the autioneer's voice over the computer.

Red

cowz

Did you or anyone see what lot 62 brought and where she went?

iowa

cowz, lot 62 brought $1700, don't know who bought her.  Commonsense's bull was very nice and they had a great display in the barn with 3 heifers out of Gigelo Joe and 3 different types of cows. All 3 heifers had low birth weights and were very uniform in kind.  They were also promoting a new bull  26T2 which is a son of HAA Contender. He looks like he will be the real deal as well.

Jill

red said:
really ticked me off when the system shut down. woody & I were waiting to wave at Juli! He hates the autioneer's voice over the computer.

Red
Ok, so does no one else think it is just a little hilarious that Woody and Red would be waiting to wave at Juli when Juli can't see them waving.  Got my good laugh for the day!

red

Jill said:
red said:

Red
Ok, so does no one else think it is just a little hilarious that Woody and Red would be waiting to wave at Juli when Juli can't see them waving.  Got my good laugh for the day!

Well, when you have to entertain youself w/ only a dog & cat sometimes you do silly goofy things. You don't think Juli could feel our karma extending towards her?  ;)