Iowa Beef Expo

Help Support Steer Planet:

doubled

Just got home tonight from the Iowa Beef expo wont make it tomorrow cause of the weather coming in, saw alot of good cattle as usual, the show was running well again,
all the people involved always do a good job, most of the breed cattle were today, Angus heifers were not done yet.  Market heifers were really strong. Good luck to all
tomorrow as it might be a challenging day.

doubled

I tell you what each and every kid there should be proud, I cannot believe how competitive that show has become, today I did not see what I call a total and complete
standout, the classes were really deep and really good, lots and lots of people are catching on, and doing well I commend the families, I have been there my whole life
and I think so far its been a pretty even steven show this year, I did think the market heifers were really deep, Im not sure about the breeding heifers I had a bit of
harder time there today but I was not on that side of the arena.

minimoo38

i got 4th with my market heifer, and my brother won his class with his chunky market steer. i thought that i would be higher, but i have hope yet.  ;)  i finally got my buckle from last year.  ;D  (clapping) i love it!!

Show Heifer

What happened to all the other info that was on this thread? Why was it pulled? :-\

doubled

I pulled it, it was my post, some of the stuff was personal between minnimoo and myself, just did not think everyone needed to know all that, I voiced my opinion on some stuff and did not want
to offend anyone, I try hard not to do that about show calves Im personally talking about, If there is something you wanted to know just let me know Id be glad to talk to you about it.

STEERJOCK21L

justamom, do you have any pictures of your bulls that you are promoting, like on display or anything else.

Show Heifer

Just curious.....I didn't see anything personal about it....just info on calves you sold.

doubled

afhm said:
Who were the top 5 in the steers and heifers?  Who sold them?  Thanks.

I dont know exactly I did not go Sunday, Im sure soon they will be posted as they always do a good job posting it, I know it was Faber, Lundquist, market heifer, limi, and not sure of the
5th one, dont know the heifers.

minimoo38

steers

faber- champ x bred
lundquist- res x bred
elder- champmkt hfr
faber- champ limi- butterscotch colored- i missed the post above- thought it was a charolais
kolhaas-res mkt hfr-

heifers
cody holmes-  commercial
sullivan- shorthorn?

don't know about the rest.

the IJBBA website should have the results pretty soon.
www.nlexhibitor.com will have the pictures- not sure when

doubled

Show Heifer said:
Just curious.....I didn't see anything personal about it....just info on calves you sold.

I went on to talk about a steer that was in one of the classes so I did not want anyone to think I was complaining, so I thought it was best to pull what I said-
other wise if there is something special you wanna talk about just pm me

doubled

MHSC21 said:
justamom, do you have any pictures of your bulls that you are promoting, like on display or anything else.

sure do check your PM

doubled

minimoo38 said:
steers

faber- champ x bred
lundquist- res x bred
elder- champmkt hfr
faber- champ charolais cross?- butterscotch colored
kolhaas-res mkt hfr-

heifers
cody holmes-  commercial
sullivan- shorthorn?

don't know about the rest.

the IJBBA website should have the results pretty soon.
www.nlexhibitor.com will have the pictures- not sure when

Thanks Im glad someone knew

Chap

from the other post titled Iowa Beef Expo below.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
top market animals were as follows:
1)  Faber - Champ Xbred (heat wave lot 23 from W. Rodgers)  2)Lundquist - Res Champ ( lot 18 Sunseeker x AAY from Goretska) 3)Elder - Champ Mkt Hfr 4) Sullivan - Champ Limi 5) Kolhaus - Res Mkt Hfr

females:
1) Holmes - Chi, 2) Faber - Char X, 3) Sullivan - Xbred, 4) Wilson - Maintainer, 5) Sullivan - Shorthorn plus.

Great show.  I-80 was a mess coming home yesterday.  150 cars in the ditch between Altoona and Davenport.