Iowa Beef Expo

Help Support Steer Planet:

allison04

I was wondering how the Expo turned out today. Who had the top 5 steers and heifers?

Chap

top market animals were as follows:
1)  Faber - Champ Xbred (heat wave lot 23 from W. Rodgers)  2)Lundquist - Res Champ ( lot 18 Sunseeker x AAY from Goretska) 3)Elder - Champ Mkt Hfr 4) Sullivan - Champ Limi 5) Kolhaus - Res Mkt Hfr

females:
1) Holmes - Chi, 2) Faber - Char X, 3) Sullivan - Xbred, 4) Wilson - Maintainer, 5) Sullivan - Shorthorn plus.

Great show.  I-80 was a mess coming home yesterday.  150 cars in the ditch between Altoona and Davenport.

allison04

Thanks for the update! Were there any others that stood out and didn't make it in the top 5??

Chap

The heifer lineup was really good, I think Christy could have gone any of 7 or 8 different ways and been justified in her selections. 
steers left standing included a massive char of Ferguson's that will be in the hunt all year, the chi steer was really cool from the side.  The x bred lineup was really impressive as well.  but only 2 get to go into contention for top 5.  the champ Div 2 Red steer was really good (Hairy Bear from Goretska) and the reserve division 3 of Jorgenson's were probably the 3rd and 4th best steers there.