Iowa Club Calf Sale coming up on Nov. 2nd.

Help Support Steer Planet:

oakbar

Just thought everyone would like to know that we have our 29th Annual Greater Worth County Club Calf Sale coming up on Sunday, Nov. 2nd.  We will be selling around 50 heifers and steers from area breeders.  Calves sold in this sale have done very well  with numerous County Fair, Jackpot show, and State Fair champions.  It started out as a way for local breeders to offer their best calves to local 4-H kids at reasonable prices and has grown to include breeders from a larger area over the past few years.  I can honestly say that, when comparing price to quality,  this has been one of the most reasonable places to buy show calves year after year.

I know I've talked to a few people on SP that have purchased calves on this sale before.

If you have any interest in the sale check out the website at worthcountycattlemen.com or we have a link to it on our website--showcattlepage.com/oakbar.

oakbar

A complete list of calves should be posted in the next day or so under the Greater Worth County Club Calf Sale heading on the website listed in the original post.

We'll post pictures if they become available.  Many of these consignors are smaller producers and may not take pictures or wait to take them until just a few days before the sale as they clip them. 

Thanks for your interest!!  Let me know if you are looking ofr anything in particular!!

HGC

This is a great sale.  It is very well run by a great set of people and offers a very nice set of quality calves.  This is our third year to consign.
The first picture is a Stainless Steel steer out of a Strictly Business cow that we have been showing.
The second picture is a blue roan shorthorn plus heifer by Vegas out of a Habanero X Sugar Ray cow.  She is a May heifer.
The third picture is a May Hannibal out of a Double Vision cow.
The forth picture is an April Heat Wave out of a Habanero cow.

Attachments

• 407.JPG
    407.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 504
  • 182.JPG
    182.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 435
  • 2102.JPG
    2102.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 425
  • 214.JPG
    214.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 422

oakbar

Hey HGC,

Thanks for including the pics of your consignments.  You've had excellent calves in the past for this sale and it looks like your bringing some good ones again this year!!

I'll see you on Nov. 2nd if not before!!

tadpole

I really like your Vegas Heifer!.... I was wondering where i could get some info on vegas and maybe a picture.... I just checked a couple of websites and I couldnt find anything on him.... I only live like a hour from the sale so I will probably attend! If you could give me any info on Vegas that would be great! Thanks!

oakbar

Tadpole,

Check out the Duis Farms website.  Vegas is actually DF Vegas 310 and he is pictured in the bull section of their website.  He is a TH carrier--just so you know!!

6M Ranch

oakbar said:
A complete list of calves should be posted in the next day or so under the Greater Worth County Club Calf Sale heading on the website listed in the original post.

We'll post pictures if they become available.  Many of these consignors are smaller producers and may not take pictures or wait to take them until just a few days before the sale as they clip them. 

Thanks for your interest!!   Let me know if you are looking ofr anything in particular!!

Would like to pick up another heifer or two.

oakbar

Hey 6M,

We should have some really good heifers on the sale.  I haven't recieved the completed sale list just yet, but as soon as I do I'll get it to you.

Thanks for your interest!!

Oakbar