Iowa Hawks WIN against Nay-Sayers

Help Support Steer Planet:

husker1

Phil, I say Boise because they need beat yet!  And I'm sure that we could do it.

shortdawg

Boise came to Athens and we hurt their feelings pretty bad. Husker, I would like to see a Bama/Nebraska Game - I'd say your defense is just as good as theirs but not sure about offense.

ruhtram

forcheyhawk said:
Way to go Hawks.  After listening to ESPN, Sport Illustrated, and even a few Iowa homers predict Georgia Tech, I thought to myself - Have they seen our defense play?  Georgia Tech may have moved the ball some in the 2nd half.  That's pretty typical of a Norm Parker coached defense.  Opponents can move the ball between the 20s.  When it comes time to shut it down though, we generally do a pretty good job.  Take away the TD that we spotted them and their high powered offense only produced one TD.  There aren't too many defenses across the country that could have shut their offense down to a TD.  The frustrating part to me was that we dominated that 1st half entirely (Offensively and Defensively) and should have had a few more scores to show for it.  They need to iron out our offensive woes in the off season.  The nucleus of this team will remain together and hopefully make a Nat'l title run next year.

forcheyhawk you hit it on the dot!
Ive been saying this the whole time. Tech has put up a lot of points this season but so has the other teams they played. The sound defense of Iowa was just too much. Iowa played like they have the whole season, played to the level of their competition. If Iowa can over come this in 2010 we could definitely see the title coming home to Iowa City!