irish whiskey cow

Help Support Steer Planet:

vet tech

what is the best bull to breed a IW cow to if you want good heifers?

knabe

can i add to this that they would be PHA free and have some flex in their hocks?  i know of two IW pha free heifers i'm interested in.

how are their milk, and if poor, what are some grandaughters of IW that have milk from what lines?

by the way, that bull to the left in my avatar is an IW son, PHA free.  already bred to one cow.

vet tech

knabe said:
can i add to this that they would be PHA free and have some flex in their hocks?  i know of two IW pha free heifers i'm interested in.

how are their milk, and if poor, what are some grandaughters of IW that have milk from what lines?

by the way, that bull to the left in my avatar is an IW son, PHA free.  already bred to one cow.
She has a great flex and milkes very well.She is out of a 6807 daughter and is very deep bodied. She has already had a Hairy bull calf that is very nice! What is your bulls name. also we have not tested her for pha yet.

knabe

he's not my bull, i just liked the cow, found out who owned him and badgered for semen.

his name is gmbs pendleton.

http://maine-anjou.weaveyourwebdreams.com/breed/pedigree.asp?RegNo=377097

she's double pc metric, double prospect, drilled down once through smithbuilt to magic, then again through a cow out of prospect out of a cow to pc metric, with a cunia cow on prospect.  double bysantin, double dalton, etc etc.  i know what i would like to put where to do this over again, but nobody really has any time for that except me.

griswold purchased 3/4 interest from gmbs, who retained 1/4.

he's a full brother to makers mark who is a carrier.  pendleton supposedly is thicker and sounder.  he's horned.  there is a coming polled full brother, but i don't know his PHA status.

i think i've posted a pic of , or someone did before.

by the way, pc metric is PHA free, i don't know if his dam is.  he supposedly was a little on the big side.  personally, her breeding is very close to what i would like to see more of with even more lining up in the same generation with the same animal on the top and the bottom.  notice prospect in there 3 times.  if i didn't say it before, i really like the same animal in the same spot on the top and the bottom, with the one on the bottom side the further down as possible, and twice on the bottom and once on the top best.  blah blah blah.

i would clone her. 

BCCC

From What I have been told chill factor mixes very well for maternal cattle. I am fairly sure Julli Nelson(comon sence) has a couple IW daughters and possible RSC has one or two also. I will have 3 next springthat are grand daughters but as for now they are heifers. BTW IW's have huge rears!1

afhm

Depends on what percentage females you want.  For higher % go with Intense Plus, Chill Factor, Ali, LegacyPlus, Lifeline.  Other choices would include Doctor Who, Who Made Who, 602 Cartel, Full Flush, orany of the Ohlde or Duff bulls are some of the things Ive seen work with Irish Whiskey.

MaggyCattle

BCCC said:
How does your cow milk? Have any pictures of the calf?

She milks pretty good...her bag isn't huge, but it is about average for Maines, and I don't have any pictures of him yet, but when we start weaning in early September i can post some pictures.

vet tech

clubcalve said:
Breed her to Dr.Who he has had some great Heifers
I will try to get some pics of the cow and her Hairy bull calf.