Is Carpe Diem heifer safe?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Blue25

Is Carpe Diem safe on Black Angus/Red Angus crosses and Shorthorn/Angus crosses?  i have been wondering this for a while now and it says to use him on heifers with confidence on Trausch's site. 

Warrior10

From what I have gathered....Clubby Heifers- Questionable....Other heifers- Good to go. We got a shorthorn and a mainex heifer bred to him.

CAB

Yes PPL use Carpe Diem on heifers and get along OK, but you need to have the calf puller close by and be ready to help one out if needed. Most PPL would not call him heifer safe by far, but again PPL have used him on heifers.

C-CROSS

We have used him with much success.. With that said, do not think you can sleep through the night, you will need to be there and be prepared to help.

Hereford399

Used him on a remital embracer daughter 69 pound calf, and then month later our vortec had a calf out of him that was 110.

5VSC

Hereford399 said:
Used him on a remital embracer daughter 69 pound calf, and then month later our vortec had a calf out of him that was 110.

yea but then again those Embracer females are the best bovines on the planet earth! Glad to see some one who still appreciates good Herefords!

Hereford399

She is very nice. Bought her and i think the people were sleeping when we bought her. Got an awesome price.

wyatt

RankeCattleCo said:
Would he work on a Milkman x PB Angus?
not for a first calf and not if the milkman is a th carrier but for a second calf he would work great if you want to risk the th defect in the calf