Is everybody tired of heat detection?

Help Support Steer Planet:

CAB

It's getting time to turn out clean-up bulls. We've been breeding heifers/cows since June 5th. I think 4 days left and the bulls are going to get to take over heat detection job. Trying to get the last tough ones figured out and want a chance @ the late calvers, but man, I'm ready to be done looking @ cows!! Brent

GLZ

Without a doubt.

I am tired of watching every freaking movement and wondering if it is heat or just a cow being a cow. 

I watch and watch and watch. 

Is that mud on her back from something?  Yeah you idiot her tail swatting flies.
Why is that cow licking that other cow?  No reason other than she tastes good.

I am much too uptight about breeding season.

LN

Isn't it fun psycho-analyzing a cow's every movement? Outsiders must think we're nuts...maybe we are.

olsun

15 hfrs to breed. Have bred 13. last 2 will get turned out with bull today. Never could catch those last 2 in heat, not sure why, but sure am tired of checking. Time to put the bull to work and go to the county fair. <cowboy>

herefordfootball

Estrotect heat detectors. Although sometimes they dont always yield the best results they've worked really good for us. But we also have a steer that finished early that we put out with the cows. So it works pretty good for us. And if the "breds" come in heat again, they're goin' to the bull!!!

Chris

OH Breeder

Amen. We have tried to do CIDRS this year. We have had some what appear not respond at all. Then they go out just when you are ready to call it quits and are jumping standing draining etc..... It has been a strange year. Have had cows skip a heat a couple two heats. I got fed up and turned out clean up bull. a couple weeks ago.

Beach Limousin

This year has definitely been a different year for heat detection. Several of our customers are reporting only getting one or two mounts on cows, and successfully breeding on those heats. When considering all the time spent checking heats, makes a system look pretty cheap. If anyone needs help with heat detection visit www.bullseyeheatdetection.com or call 877-4-NO-BULL (877-466-2855).
Cody
Beach Limousin & BullsEye Heat Detection Systems

savaged

Misery loves company.  I have had more weird heat cycles / non-cycles /  short cycles /  double CIDRS / rebreeding / Lute and GnRH this year.  I wonder if any of them bred to AI.  I bred the last one Sunday morning and the bull went in yesterday.

I'm done.  At least I have a good clean up bull.  Don't know what's up this year.

herefordfootball

We have ai'ed everything twice, except two. this year. so 4 out of six didnt take on good heats. even had one skip a cycle, oh she is bred then 21 days later u guessed it she has blood and we missed a heat. Just rebred her today. Got estrotects on all of them, and if I see on standing after today she is goin' in with my buddies bull.

Chris