Is Foreplay a TH/PHA Carrier?

Help Support Steer Planet:

tadpole

I was wondering if Foreplay is a th or pha carrier because i just got a new Heat Seeker cow that is out of a Foreplay cow.  I no she is probably a th carrier because of heat seeker but was wondering on the whole pha deal.  Also what tends to click with this type of bloodline (heat seeker and forplay).  He is a very very small cow (some of my heifers are bigger than her) that is thick, good topped, and has good bone and was wondering what would work on her.  I bred her to Nighty Night this year for her second calf just because she is so small and she has passed over once, but was wondering what works on these types of cows for the future.  Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tadpole

Telos

OK Zack. Now remember Dr. Who is a double bred Power Plant and Foreplay has a shot of Power Plant too. Dr. Who x Heat Seeker may be a good recipe for a nice calf but with that Foreplay in the background on this particular mating, might just be too much Power Plant. Line breeding those Power Plant genetics can be risky business. More times then not, the results are disappointing.

Personally, I think plain ole good Angus genetics work as well as anything with Heat Seeker x Foreplay, but if you insist on going clubby I would watch out for anything with too much Power Plant.

red

I've had good luck w/ Iceman, Hard Core & a Habenero son w/ my Fore Play's. They seems to click better w/ more maternal type bulls.

Red