Is Heatwave dead

Help Support Steer Planet:

clubcalve

I was just wondering if the real heatwave is still alive because i have heard rumors and i only want real answer

Turkey Creek Ranch

I highly doubt he is still alive, but I really dont know. Its hard to tell. If he is, though, he is probably finished producing semen. (Why they made cloans ;))

chambero

Call Lautners and ask.  He was alive as of last fall. 

The clones are around because there is a lot more demand than one bull could keep up with.

JSchroeder

They said he's alive and producing quality semen again as of May and the semen they're selling now is from the May collections and later.

chambero

That's consistent with what Matt told me about him back in October.  They had a vet from here in Texas up there working on him to improve comfort and apparently it had helped him to the point that his semen quality had improved.  I know we got very good conception with him (the original) on cows we bred to him last fall.

He is what he is and I imagine they sell his semen about as fast as he can produce it.

farmboy

man i wonder what the payroll from heatwave has been for the last 7-8 years  :eek: :eek: :eek: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Show Heifer

He, and heatwave 1, were alive as of 4 weeks ago...don't know about since then. I saw them both.

chambero

Show Heifer - was the original still in pretty tough shape?  Does he look like he has a touch of SP or just too straight.

How is 1 holding up.  He ought to be pretty mature by now.

red

Didn't Iowa & several others post pictures of him when they were at the collection place? If I remember he looked pretty bad back then.

Red

iowa

Red, you helped me re-size and post the pictures of Heatwave and others I took last year.  I saw Heatwave about a month ago and he looked  better than he did last year. He didn't appear to be as thin and the spastic movement of his backlegs was much less than it was the last time I saw him.

Show Heifer

Never saw HW stand for more than 10-15 sec and that was just once....HW1 stood for a few minutes....both looked pretty rough to me. I don't know...when does serious suffering start?

farmboy

bad structure...

i know you play the showcattle.com game.

heatwave would be the equivelant of having a an animal on there with legs like 7.0 or .... well you know, a perfect 8 is what you shoot for, HW aint a perfect 8

angusboy1

yea he is still alive and givin wonderful semen i talked to a guy today and seen the calf from his semen it was beauitful