Is it me or...

Help Support Steer Planet:

farmboy

ANOTHER DUMB QUESTION...IS THERE A NEW BLUE STEER ON THE SP LOGO OR HAS IT BEEN THERE FOREVER ???

KINDA CAUGHT MY EYE

red

good eye Farmboy! Jason has been working to update the logo so we can have shirts.
What do you think of it? Likes-dislikes? Suggestions?

Red

shortyjock89

I like it...when do you think the shirts will become available? I think it would be neat to go to the NAILE or the NWSS and see how many people have them..

Show Heifer

shortjocky: I have been meaning to ask this for weeks now....what is the bull in the photo under your name?
I am sure you mentioned it before, but I forgot!!!

jason

Ok, last revision I hope.  What do you think?  I moved the steer down closer to the words and it did not look good at all after I made the steer smaller.

Here were some other finalists.

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 685
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 689
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 688
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 687

DL

OK the only problem I have (and I think shortyjock89 mentioned this a while back (although it could be a totally different person and I am in a different parallel universe and I am not sure if it is something that anybody else cares about but here we go....)

Online community for show steers and club calves

it is very narrow
it limits the "title scope"
it leaves off females
it could be construed as bovine gender discrimination
that could be bad...

re the pictures I like the top 2 best - I think I like the blue steer best but since I am writing I can't re look - I will...

Telos

I think the bottom image has the  most impact. I would correct the location of the Steer. He needs to get lifted up a bit. Perhaps darken the out line on him too.
The illustration of the globe could compliment the blue blue lettering by coloring it with a rust or brown orange color.

Well...I am real picky and even went to school for this.

You did ask what I thought? Sorry. JMO

Gypsy

I like the blue steer the best.  That gets my vote.  There are too many black steers in the world! Diversity is good.  DL I think the blue and the black steers look kind of androgynous - like a lot of the show heifers.  ;D

ROAD WARRIOR

The bigger Blue steer gets my vote- sometimes bigger is better for those of us who have had a few birthdays.

OH Breeder

I like the third logo and as far as line to go with it could say,
Onlline Community for Cattle People
Online Community for Cattle Enthusiast
Online Community Resource for Cattle People
Would any of these help DL ?

JbarL

Gypsy said:
I like the blue steer the best.  That gets my vote.  There are too many black steers in the world! Diversity is good.  DL I think the blue and the black steers look kind of androgynous - like a lot of the show heifers.  ;D

with the detail  and size of the world logo in the back ground....the use of any of the cattle seem  in sharp contrast( basic no detail in animal) to the oval detailed larger  world logo ...and with the block  STEER PLANET  font  and the angled .com .....well......
we seem to have a bit of a wreck.......  try  bringing out the detail of the world logo in the background as more prominent  and mirror in your steer image ( outline image only  ????) logo over top of only the word STEER in the STEER PLANET  ......( just a bit smaller animal possibly)...the present scale of the whole design.( the cow is as big as have of north America)......is off i believe.....i dont think the colors are the area you need to be concerning on to figure out what is wrong....seems scale and depth to me....and now for the  biggie.......doyou really think the " .com"  is really necessary in the design for shirts and hats...most of the talk i have heard is to have shirts to recognize each other and meet members....the .com suggests an advertisement...which is OK if that is one of the the objectives.....but it seems that you all seem very willing to  share any info and new " friends" can still be invited tothe site...... . but dropping the .com for design makes it even a bit more "less busy" and one less font size to scale with the size of the larger logo which is the world design........clear as mud???    jbarl

jason

Thanks for the advice, here are a few more designs.  Pick and choose things you like from each image.

What about the slogan

"An Online Community for the Show Cattle Enthusiast"

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 459
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 456
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 471

jason

JbarL said:
Gypsy said:
I like the blue steer the best.  That gets my vote.  There are too many black steers in the world! Diversity is good.  DL I think the blue and the black steers look kind of androgynous - like a lot of the show heifers.  ;D

with the detail  and size of the world logo in the back ground....the use of any of the cattle seem  in sharp contrast( basic no detail in animal) to the oval detailed larger  world logo ...and with the block  STEER PLANET  font  and the angled .com .....well......
we seem to have a bit of a wreck.......  try  bringing out the detail of the world logo in the background as more prominent  and mirror in your steer image ( outline image only  ????) logo over top of only the word STEER in the STEER PLANET  ......( just a bit smaller animal possibly)...the present scale of the whole design.( the cow is as big as have of north America)......is off i believe.....i dont think the colors are the area you need to be concerning on to figure out what is wrong....seems scale and depth to me....and now for the  biggie.......doyou really think the " .com"  is really necessary in the design for shirts and hats...most of the talk i have heard is to have shirts to recognize each other and meet members....the .com suggests an advertisement...which is OK if that is one of the the objectives.....but it seems that you all seem very willing to  share any info and new " friends" can still be invited tothe site...... . but dropping the .com for design makes it even a bit more "less busy" and one less font size to scale with the size of the larger logo which is the world design........clear as mud???    jbarl

It seems if I bring out the globe, it makes the text hard to read.  I am not sure about the .com, I completely see your point, but I want to make sure people know it is a website.  I guess under the logo on the shirts or on the back, it could read www.steerplanet.com

Thanks
Jason

Telos

I think Jbarl is right. The steer with the out line is out of scale and too big, but my favorite by far. You need the .com because without it, the design becomes too symmetrical and therefore looses too much interest. I would personally play around with the bottom one more (page one) and tweak it to see if you can get it right. You need detail to make a logo interesting. Contrasting tones, values and different textures helps draw your eye to the design itself.  It's all about detail.  Detail forces the mind to explore out curiosity. They are all good designs, but need some work to take them over the edge beyond just nice. You're trying to achieve a response from the viewer and also trying to force them to check it out. You are really wanting them to say, how cool is this!

My suggestion is to keep tweaking with what you already have.

Telos

Only a suggestion. Try making the steer a transparent blue.With a tick more boldness in the outline. The globe keep a pale grey like you have on most already. You don't want the steer too small or too big. The solid colored steer is boring and needs some interest.

Sorry for being so critical. You all know how I am. HEHEHE!!!