Is there a market for good purebred steers?

Help Support Steer Planet:

DKT Angus

Is there a market for good, registered steers anymore... or has the clubby deal taken that away.  When I ask this I am talking about good Angus steers.

DKT Angus

personally it feels like these crossbred steers have made it really hard for a papered angus steer to go and compete unless they are being shown by breed... thus the question

DLD

Without a doubt, you'd have to be someplace that shows a pb Angus steer class, and enforces their classification rules pretty strictly.  The Angus steer classes here in OK are open to half bloods (must be out of a registered Angus cow), so any pb good enough to be competive would be worth far more as a bull than as a steer.  I know that's different most other places, though.

obie105

All ijbba shows in Iowa have a purebred class for every breed. So does state fair so if someone wants to show in that division they have to have that animal. There is still a market for good ones no matter what shape or breed.

forcheyhawk

Keep in mind that Angus Jr. Nationals are in Kansas City and that's a real good way to compete at Junior Nat'ls is with a steer in my opinion.  That might open up the market on Angus steers a little in Iowa this year.  ;D

DKT Angus

Should have some by the end of the weekend, i've been up at school so don't have any here