Is there such a thing as.....

Help Support Steer Planet:

nobody

Yes there are at least where I live there is. I count myself blessed. We have been showing for 7 years and have dealt with 2 breeders in that time. Both have been so great to us. I hope we can do the same thing for someone someday. Sorry about your bad experience.

Aussie

Yes there is a few of us out there. A guy I bought genetics from on the other side of the world and the deal went wrong (through know ones fault ) has gone out of his way to make it right. They are out there.

all.thumbs

Yes, plenty of them.  I have several partners who couldn't be better.  Also, I have made somel transactions here on SP & found each of these individuals to be trustworthy. 
A successful program got there by being honest & can't afford to conduct business any other way.  Look around if you aren't happy.  Maybe go through a sales manager if you have had bad luck with private treaty sales.

vanridge

where we live we have come across quite a few, very honest, very nice, helpful breeders. We are very pleased with how they do business! We deal with shorthorn people and black angus people. Hope you have better results next time. One breeder told me "If you get a funny feeling about something, listen to your gut instinct, its usually right."

AAOK

I'm getting a little long in the tooth (for you kids, that means I'm not young), and have worked with the public for over 40 years.  Experience has taught me the huge majority of people are good, honest folks.  Yes, that includes Cattlemen, Steer Jockies, and even Horse Traders.  There are always a few bad apples in every barrel.  You just have to identify them, and toss 'em out!  And, it is not surprising to me that most of the "Bad Apple" seeds produce some darn good fruit.  Have I ever been stung?  SURE, but for every bad experience with a "crooked snake", there are thousands of good to great people with whom I've had many wonderful dealings.

Now back to the "honest" Cattlemen - ALWAYS DO BUSINESS WITH PEOPLE YOU KNOW AND TRUST! If you do have a problem, they will make sure you are more than satisfied! 

clementcattle

Everyone is going to get burned time and time again.  But there are still plenty of honest business men that are full of character and integrity.

thunderdownunder

There are plenty of honest cattlemen (and women) out there. In fact, I'd nearly go so far as to say the majority. However, as with all things, it seems to be that the minority sets the tone for generalisations. Those out there who aren't perhaps as honest as they should be are the ones you hear about more often than not, particularly for that reason.
I'd love to see more people boasting about their positive experiences with breeders. I think the issue is, no one wants to publicly announce that they have had a problem or made a mistake.

MCC

I've been in the club calf business since 1976. I have dealt with the neighbor across the road and some of the big "steer jocks" in the nation. I have only been burned ONE time. That time my intuition told me to walk away but I didn't. Long story short trust your instincts.

Diamond

The problem is not that there aren’t good cattlemen out there. Its like the news, there is always bad news on because it sticks in your mind. we expect good transactions when paying 2, 5, 10 thousand on cattle, while we are happy when its good it ends there, we don’t really go around telling people about it. On the contrary, if we buy an animal and are ripped off we get hot under the collar, this aggravation drags on. We curse about them to others, try to take legal action a times and overall its a hassle that aggravates us. If this happens more then once we just lose hope.

wyatt

clay knoll farms are very honest cattlemen, and very intresting people to talk with, they have treated us great and got me started in the cattle buisness and helped me along ever since.

GONEWEST

Not everyone in the cattle business are crooks, but all  crooks are in the cattle business.