ITS a BLING BLING thing!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

cowz

;D  Hey guys, I see where Sullivans now has show halters and exhibitor number harness with rhinestones on them!  Bling Bling!  Where will it all end????

What other show items should we emblazon with the BLING?

jason

icy_hot_stuntaz.jpg

red

Funky Stitches is going to start offering the "bling for the ring" t-shirts. She is also going to be doing halters & harnesses. I think it's kind of neat to be able to personalize your show equipment. Stand out in the crowd! 8)
Red

red

Heatwave-It has to be tasteful. If there are just some rhinestones on a halter or harness than no problem. But if someone starts showing up with something that's a real distraction or obscene then it will be a problem.
Red

cowz

:D  Hey Jason, nice pic!!!  Im still laughing!!  Is that what steer jocks look like in California now????  Do they have da lowridin trailers??

If you are buff enuf to fit without yer shirt, ya dont get black paint on the good threads, man!!  You guys crack me up ... good one!

cowchick14

Honestly, I think a little bling isn't such a bad thing. I like the sparkly belts and such, but I don't think you should make your steer wear a bedazzled haltar, that is just rude! lol I am all for dressing up when showing, but there has to be a limit. They have these new showsticks out that have fake looking bedazzled handles. It doesn't look very good to me.

LittleHeifer

I like the blingy belts and jewlery. and I am putting some bling on my show halters. I don't think it looks bad its rather cool but I am a girl but I agree there are limits the bling on the stick would get in the way. I have a shiny silver one I won and only use for show (its still bent lol) and it works for me. The harnesses really don't have much on them. Its all about sticking out and showing off you and the animal and being noticed and its pretty (if you are a girl, the boys think we're crazy ::))  (lol)
Little Heifer (angel)

OH Breeder

BuckJones said:
I once saw a youtube vid where the steer had glitter on him.

I actually have seen that at a jackpot show. Black steer with silver glitter. I saw some shorthorns at the Ohio beef Expo sale with glitter in them. When the lights are on them it really catches your eye.

LittleHeifer

(lol) (clapping) We have done that at our steer shows, got the idea from being a rodeo queen where we put glitter all over our horses  ;D  Its all about making yourself and your cattle stick out and catch the judges eye. and of course it is fun esp when you do it yourself and make it personalized  ;D
Little Heifer (angel)

cowboy8733

I used to put gold or silver glitter on my calves yrs ago and I wasn't the only one but, judges started saying how they hated it. Started placing calves down the line because it was a distraction. Little bling ok but some take it out of control.  I myself as a judge, hates to see the flashy stuff when you are there to show the animal off not yourself. And yes, to those of you who will say that you are just trying to stand out, it can be a bad thing too, just depends on the area you are showing and located.

LittleHeifer

I only do the glitter on the steers durring the sells. we have a strict wash dry fair.
Little Heifer (angel)

cowchick14

Wow, I have never seen glitter on a steer before. I am sure it does really stand out but just wow. I do think it is good to be personalized and look nice and wear jewlrey and such, but as one person said you are showing the animal, not yourself. Sure, go ahead and go all out during showmanship! I think you should wear a little bit of blingy stuff in the show ring, becuase yes you should look nice and shiny is the style!!! Just don't take it out of control!