It's hot!

Help Support Steer Planet:

justintime

That is simply insane!! Up here in Canada, we whine if we see 95 F. I can't imagine 115 F especially if it is more than one or two days long. It must be hard on critters and people both. We can see 100 F on occasion, but we have not seen temps that high for a few years.

AAOK

My wife was in Tulsa today, 118 F. Only made it to 111 here in Ada.

Will

Yesterday we hit 112 it was still 98 at 10:00 when we were turning the calves out.  Then this morning it was 88 at 7:30.  The not cooling off at night makes it even harder on everything.  We are feeding hay and my brother in law is hauling water.  Small chance of rain this weekend. Every one around here is getting a little hard to get along with.  My son let one of the calves get away the other night and she ran back to the show barn to her spot under the fan.  We all got a good laugh. 

ALTSIMMY 79

Yep,  lawn is dead,  pasture is dead, central air is about dead,  and everyone around is in a terrible mood including Me!  It's not good at all.

firesweepranch

10:30 PM here, and the thermometer reads 89F and 53% humidity. Not good for cows or attitudes out here. We need rain...

Mueller Show Cattle

Most of the non irrigated pastures are dead here, most days been in mid 90's which I know is not as hot as you guys have been but is hot to us. Can't wait till Saturday as Sat's high will only be 79 from what they are saying even though back to the mid 90's on Sunday. Oh well, I will take a 1 day cool down.

Will

According to the news this morning their is a tropical storm Edgardo in the Caribbean.  If it strengthens to a small hurricane and stays its current path it could hit the gulf of Texas (not wanting to wish bad weather on any one) next week then the end of the week push moisture into Oklahoma.  The meteorologist said it might be enough the break the drought.  So everyone say a prayer and cross your fingers.

Will

My wife gets a kick out of me looking that far out and telling everyone the drought is almost over.  We just have to have faith it will happen.

Doc

Saw pics of melted street lamp shades in Stillwater, OK. They were the white glass globes and they looked like balloons that somebody had stuck a needle in.

jason

North of 100, but got a little bit of rain this week, not enough to make any kind of dent in drought conditions.

aj

Doc .....as I understand it that photo was a fraud. There was a dumpster fire just underneath it or something. Still hot though!