Help Support Steer Planet:

doubled

Gosh it snowed today,  ugh-
how is everyone coming with their crops

Cattledog

justamom said:
Gosh it snowed today,  ugh-
how is everyone coming with their crops

Say it isn't so!  I'm not ready for that kind of weather.

doubled

Yeah its like 30 degrees here in Iowa, we had snow off and on all day, nothing really stuck on the roads, the grass was white though, its so yucky out, my brother in
law still has like 1000 acres of corn yet to combine, and we sure arent getting many cornstalks baled- too wet, supposed to be in the 20's over night, and only into the
40s the next few days, so field work wont be possible for a few days anyways.  I am not ready for this yet, but in South Dakota they had a blizzard, I feel so sorry for them
and the cattle.  We still have cows on pasture 20 miles away we gotta think about getting them home now.

Cattledog

justamom said:
Yeah its like 30 degrees here in Iowa, we had snow off and on all day, nothing really stuck on the roads, the grass was white though, its so yucky out, my brother in
law still has like 1000 acres of corn yet to combine, and we sure arent getting many cornstalks baled- too wet, supposed to be in the 20's over night, and only into the
40s the next few days, so field work wont be possible for a few days anyways.  I am not ready for this yet, but in South Dakota they had a blizzard, I feel so sorry for them
and the cattle.  We still have cows on pasture 20 miles away we gotta think about getting them home now.

It wasn't really nice here in Illinois today but at least we didn' see snow.  I think that I am depressed now!

kanshow

Just extremely windy and getting colder here.    We are pretty much done with harvest - except maybe 20 acres of corn that needs a hard freeze.    Seems like harvest was about 4-6 weeks late in our area.   

txshowlamb

Iam sorry for yall but ITS WONDERFUL HERE!!!! Just a little cold in the mornings but the afternoon is b e a u t i f u l abouut high 70s low 80s not much wind all I care is I see the sun!!! Evening arent too bad either thats the great thing about TEXAS!!! ::) ;)
But Iam sorry for you all who got hit by the blizzard thats got to be hard your in my prayers.

justintime

I am in Toronto at the Royal Winter Fair. A fellow told me today that some places in South Dakota had 3 to 4 ft snow banks. I am not sure if I believe it or not. Ajudge from Texas was delayed because of snow at an airport but I am not sure where it was. No snow here and no snow at home yet. I know that Calgary has snow and parts of N Dakota and Montana have snow. I don't need any snow until March!

LazyGLowlines

Looks like our monsoon season has started. Some places in the northwest received 4-5 inches of rain in a 24 hour period. Pretty mild, in the low 60's, very windy and rainy.

oakbar

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.  We've had snow on the ground all day.  The roads were pretty good this morning but it was 29 degrees and the bridges were frozen over so I'm sure there were some accidents.  Our highs are predicted to the no more than 35-6 degrees for the next couple of days and then no more than 45 for the next few days after that. Bah Humbug!!  I must be getting old--I'd ike to have the kind of winter that starts with snow on Christmas Eve and have it melt by New Year's Day. 

KCK

justintime said:
I am in Toronto at the Royal Winter Fair. A fellow told me today that some places in South Dakota had 3 to 4 ft snow banks. I am not sure if I believe it or not. Ajudge from Texas was delayed because of snow at an airport but I am not sure where it was. No snow here and no snow at home yet. I know that Calgary has snow and parts of N Dakota and Montana have snow. I don't need any snow until March!

How was Toronto this year? I was able to attend four years ago and can't wait to go back. They throw on heck of a party when you win the steer show. Everyone stops working and starts partying. Was a great set of people who even took up a fund to pay for me to change my flight to a later day!

klintdog

We've got snow and cold up here right now. Went out this morning and the waterers were iced over. We got down to 4 last night and it was up to 9 this morning when I went out. If we're lucky we might see 20 for a high today.

justme

Cold, wet, and windy here in NW Missouri.  Went to St. Joseph this weekend for the pinewood derby rookie race (for my son) and we were really surpised how many beans are still in the fields.  I really feel for you all that have crops.  On a lighter note, the cold weather is good for deer season which starts on Saturday.

kanshow

Cold, windy  & starting to spit moisture this morning.   

I was talking to some farmers in the far NE corner of KS & they are waiting for the fields to dry enough so the ground will hold them.  I didn't realize they were that wet. 

MYT Farms

HEY! This is one heck of a rare occasion! The snow is softly coming down. Like vertical. It usually comes down in an angry biting slant. It's absolutely beautiful.

kdukart

In North Dakota we got 4to 5 foot drifts.

MYT Farms

nd steer jock said:
In North Dakota we got 4to 5 foot drifts.

Here we get drifts that are 20ft deep and 150 feet long. They are a pain to try and plow out of, I will tell you that.

aj

Here we had a lot of crops that went down. The corn planted east west will be ok cause it went down sideways and the cornhead snoots will pull it up if the ears aren't torn loose. No snow though it was a 50 mph wind that broke stuff over.