Ivy League Pic "New Pic 1/17/09"

Help Support Steer Planet:

BCCC

j3cattleco said:
Thanks for the kind word everyone.  As soon as we get semen in the tank we will let you know. 

aj, he had a bwt of 93lbs.
Hey Josh I sent you a PM.

shortyjock89

Saw him today, he looks even better in person!  I'm about 99% sure that we're gonna get some semen on this guy.  Oh, btw, j3cattleco is really cool to talk to lol. 

cpubarn

I'm with Justin, Looks like a good bull.  It was a beautiful day in Denver and Tomorrow might be better.

clubcalve

That's a great looking bull I think that we will probably breed a few cows to him. Nice bull 

j3cattleco

We kept hearing that the bull was better than his picture so we tried and took another one today.  I like it better, don't know if this is the actual one we will use but at least you can take another look!

Attachments

• ivyleagefinaldenversmall.jpg
    ivyleagefinaldenversmall.jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 198

shortyjock89

I like it better too.  I liked how you guys got him a fan for today, it was HOT out there (not kidding).  Seemed like he liked standing there a LOT more.  Glad to see you got a lot of traffic, seemed like there was usually a good sized crowd around him. 

TJ

I like him.  Actually, I've liked every one of his pics posted here on the SP, so I had 2 different people stop & check him out.  ;) 

yuppiecowboy

Nothing from nothing, but I was more impressed with Ivy League than any shorty I have seen in 20 years. The pictures do not represent the bull at all, and I like the pics. If you are a clubby guy in the horn game, you need to keep your eye on this one. The idea that you have to use TH carriers to get hair an bone just went out the window. Yeah he has yak fur, but when you feel him there is a lot under there.

Since he is a May baby he probably wont collect soon enough to get a ton of spring use, but if he breeds anything like himself he could be the bull we have been looking for.

Cowboy Up

I really like the look of this bull. He is big hipped, deep, soggy, and wide...BUT, he is to small in my opinion. I know people want moderate frames, but he is to small IMHO. He just doesn't look very "growthy" to me.

furinsilex

I am starting to really like this guy and i am not usually a big fan of shorthorns.  Since i am not in the shorty buisness how do you all think he would cross to some of the more crossed up club calf cows?? I think we are going to try him if we can get some semen on him this spring but idk what i am going to breed him to yet.

j3cattleco

We really appreciate all the kind words on the bull.  It was great to get to meet a ton of new people and finally put some faces with names.  We just got home this evening.  We also want to thank RanchHouse designs for helping out in a pinch.  Someone stole Big Jake's Banner monday night and Rachel and the gang were gracious enough to order another banner and have it overnighted to us.  Without them we would have been sunk.  We also would like to thank the crew at Cattle.com for their hard work on getting all the videos of all the bulls.

Yes Ivy League is not the biggest bull, but yes he is only a May.  He is about a 5 1/2 frame score which will make him mature at about 55.   

We also had a lot of interest from Canada so we are working on those details now with quaratine and all but will work on it as fast we can. 

He will go to the bull stud mid march and return every week until he starts freezing semen so hopefully we will have enough for everyone trying to use him this spring. 

As to the black cows question, we are going to breed him to a lot of our Th and Pha carrier cows.  We really think he might work on those to add some structure and mass to them.

Here are a couple other pics we took of the weekend.  Once again thank you to everyone for all the help you all have been. 

Attachments

• denverbehindfinalsmall.jpg
    denverbehindfinalsmall.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 168
  • displaysmall.jpg
    displaysmall.jpg
    551.3 KB · Views: 202

Latest posts