Jackpot Steer feed by Kalmbach

Help Support Steer Planet:

Blue Dog

Any opinions?  Using there Jackpot 13%. Seems to be doing great. How does it finish out with bloom?
Thanks!

Bluedog

Blue Dog

Can't believe nobody feeds Kalmbach Feed?  Someones got to have a feel for it.

wonderchic

Blue Dog said:
Can't believe nobody feeds Kalmbach Feed?  Someones got to have a feel for it.

I wish I had some feedback for ya, but we feed Umbarger and Rowe.  I am constantly amazed by this "club calf" forum when you ask a real question regarding feed, supplements and the like.  A large percentage on this page claim to be showing in a big way, and yet, when someone asks a question that doesn't involve arguing over what clubby is or how great (or not) shorthorns are...they tend to clam up.  I asked a few questions regarding show feed and whatnot last summer and got...nothing.  So it isn't just you.  I hope someone will wander along with some experience and help ya out.  Good luck with your project.

Bi-Lane Livestock

We don't personally feed Kalmbach but work with a family that does....have not heard of it, I will check it out.  Traditionally used the 1/3,1/3,1/3 and blended with either 10%barley or corn depending on calf plus whatever else needed.  What's the claim for what it's good for?

OH Breeder

Some feed programs are regional. I am in Ohio and I have a family that feeds Kalmbach. He does the 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 which they do have a ration for. His calves always are covered and they have done very well in their county. PM me and I can find out more information for you as the father works at one of the mills.

LFFASHOWER

Kalambach isn't a nationally known feed it is only located in Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana. we have only fed 1/3 1/3 1/3 blend and it worked very well.

BBP

I have been feeding 1/3 1/3 1/3 and had good luck! My only thing I don't like is the price but I'm also in Connecticut! Here is a pic of my sons steer that was fed the 1/3

Attachments

• rocky NAILE 2012.jpg
    rocky NAILE 2012.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 585