Jakes Proud Jazz and his daughters

Help Support Steer Planet:

herf96

Doe s anyone know how I could find a possible picture of his dam?  I am sure she is a good cow knowing the owners and the type of quality of cattle they like.  I would just like to see her and maybe her udder.  I have just had a couple of daughters of him and would like to know how they will do as mature cows.  What are people using on them their first go and what do they work best with genetically?  Love the calves I hope they continue thier pattern into their offspring.

iowa

Here is a picture of the grand dam of Jake's Proud Jazz.  The picture was taken this spring at Tim Ohlde's.  The cow is 14 years old and was about a month from calving.  Tim says she has a better udder than her daughter and the mother of Jazz. 

Attachments

• P1010009.JPG
    P1010009.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 188

herf96

Thanks for the replies.  I just had a full sister to jazzman and wanted to see what the grandmother looked like.  It is neat see the female side all the way back to even her mother.  As a fourteen year old cow she looks good.  JPJs dam looks good as I figured she would.  I was just wanting to see udder quality and their overall phenotype.  It is amazing the color variations you get in shorthorns.  I had an AI calf out of JPJ out of a white cow and it is solid white.  A good calf I was just hoping for some colors.  The heifer is solid red. She came backwards, thankfully small.  What about what you are using on the JPJs and what would will be instore for Jazzman daughters?  Thanks again for the info.

mark tenenbaum

herf96 said:
Thanks for the replies.  I just had a full sister to jazzman and wanted to see what the grandmother looked like.  It is neat see the female side all the way back to even her mother.  As a fourteen year old cow she looks good.  JPJs dam looks good as I figured she would.  I was just wanting to see udder quality and their overall phenotype.  It is amazing the color variations you get in shorthorns.  I had an AI calf out of JPJ out of a white cow and it is solid white.  A good calf I was just hoping for some colors.  The heifer is solid red. She came backwards, thankfully small.  What about what you are using on the JPJs and what would will be instore for Jazzman daughters?  Thanks again for the info. Im going to use Panama Red-below-who will be a gen-horizens cattle-visions deal-so far he is bonified calving ease-they grow-and the hiefers will SHOW O0

Attachments

• Panama.jpg
    Panama.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 451

cattlechick

For those of you that have used both JPJ and Jazzman, what do you think the big differences in thier calves are or are they very similar?

BAILEYFARMS

As a fan of both and an owner of jazzman I'll be as unbiased as i can. The Jazzman's have been thicker and hairy as a hole. Some say a little more consistant on birth weights 75% to 80% under 85 lbs. There have been a couple say that Jazzman is the best shorthorn bull on the market. We have been told there have been some big time steers born this fall on a limited amount of semen sold 300 units. Will be running an ad in show circuit this fall with pics of calves you can be the judge.

Doc

BAILEYFARMS said:
As a fan of both and an owner of jazzman I'll be as unbiased as i can. The Jazzman's have been thicker and hairy as a hole. Some say a little more consistant on birth weights 75% to 80% under 85 lbs. There have been a couple say that Jazzman is the best shorthorn bull on the market. We have been told there have been some big time steers born this fall on a limited amount of semen sold 300 units. Will be running an ad in show circuit this fall with pics of calves you can be the judge.

I haven't used either bull & may not. Jazzman may end up being a better sire than JPJ, it's way too early to tell right now. For me personally , I wonder about how competitive either will be as yrlng show hfrs. I've seen a lot of pics of JPJ calves as babies & being shown as wnlngs, but haven't seen hardly any yrlngs out there for the amount of semen sold. If I'm not mistaken I saw a pic of Jazzmans' dam in a sale catalog & she wasn't very big & so I wonder how big they will get also.
As far as being more consistent on bwts, that's a pretty bold statement when you are comparing a bull that has probably about a 100 calves on the ground at the most, with a bull that I would say  has sired over a 1000 calves out of every kind of cow there is. JMHO. ;D

cattlechick

It looks like ppl are coming back on JPJ daughters with Ace of Diamonds. What other bull would you use to add a frame? I have a ton of Rodeo Drive but dont know alot about him, what would he do?

Jill

Here is the link for the one we are showing this year, we think she turned out pretty nice and she's going to make a great cow.

https://www.imagequix.com/photog.php?id=E927799&ec=ksf09
After you get in there hit my favorites and it should bring up Logan.

Jill

Ok, I have no idea why, but the link isn't working, but it does from my email so if you want to see it PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

BAILEYFARMS

Doc said:
BAILEYFARMS said:

I haven't used either bull & may not. Jazzman may end up being a better sire than JPJ, it's way too early to tell right now. For me personally , I wonder about how competitive either will be as yrlng show hfrs. I've seen a lot of pics of JPJ calves as babies & being shown as wnlngs, but haven't seen hardly any yrlngs out there for the amount of semen sold. If I'm not mistaken I saw a pic of Jazzmans' dam in a sale catalog & she wasn't very big & so I wonder how big they will get also.
As far as being more consistent on bwts, that's a pretty bold statement when you are comparing a bull that has probably about a 100 calves on the ground at the most, with a bull that I would say  has sired over a 1000 calves out of every kind of cow there is. JMHO. ;D
The statment on birth weights is not from my mouth its from a person who has had as many JPJ's born at his house as anyone else out there. But its just an opion. Just stating what i've been told.

TMJ Show Cattle

I have seen some pretty big daughters and bulls out of JPJ. Jungel's of North Dakota don't have many small cattle.

Latest posts