jakes proud jazz calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

OH Breeder

There are several bulls after looking at her that could EASILY work with her. She looks pretty easy fleshing.
Second calver- I think TM Gus would be cool, 329, Touchdown, Captain Ovbious would keep you on the performance tract and make some showy calves. What I have seen here lately of the CO calves they look pretty good lots of rib etc. Those are just a few I can think of right of the top of my head. 329 Certainly not going to add a ton of frame but he will also add some rib not take any depth away from her. I used all three this year- Gus, TD and 329. I used TD on a larger made Jazz female. I will know in Feb if it was a good deal or not.

osfcattle

OH Breeder said:
There are several bulls after looking at her that could EASILY work with her. She looks pretty easy fleshing.
Second calver- I think TM Gus would be cool, 329, Touchdown, Captain Ovbious would keep you on the performance tract and make some showy calves. What I have seen here lately of the CO calves they look pretty good lots of rib etc. Those are just a few I can think of right of the top of my head. 329 Certainly not going to add a ton of frame but he will also add some rib not take any depth away from her. I used all three this year- Gus, TD and 329. I used TD on a larger made Jazz female. I will know in Feb if it was a good deal or not.
yes she is very easy fleshing she gets about 5 pounds of feed a day. i need something to add a lil height because she is short but stout and i wont to have show calves but good cow prospects

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

trevorgreycattleco said:
OLD WORLD SHORTIE said:
trevorgreycattleco said:
OLD WORLD SHORTIE said:
Boyd New Day, isnt that a black angus bull?

yep.

Bred to a Shorthorn? ???

Dont knock it till you tried it. That mating has its place. Angus / shorthorn that is.  They are super cool for me and work very well.
Ive seen it, i didnt like it then and i dont like it now. But to each his own. Ive had shorthorn plus calves and the angus ones are low on my list. I tend to like the Maine or Charolais crosses, but then it could just be the matings.

garybob

osfcattle said:
OH Breeder said:
yes she is very easy fleshing she gets about 5 pounds of feed a day. i need something to add a lil height because she is short but stout and i wont to have show calves but good cow prospects
um, One thing I'd like to suggest to you is....Give her a flake of Fescue hay, or let her nibble a little of it a day during turn-out. This will allow her to adapt our Southeastern environment. Common Bermudagrass should be included, as well. If she's gonna be a "Southern gal", let her eat everything but musk thistle and Broiler litter....oh, by the way, she looks good.

GB

Davis Shorthorns

I still say that the Angus/Shorthorn cross is the best cross for anywhere east of central Kansas.  I personally love the cross and would be very excited about a New Day calf out of her.  Keep us posted on how it turns out.  Probably wont win a ton of purple ribbons, but my guess a heifer would make one heck of a cow and a steer calf will tast mighty good.  JMO

osfcattle

garybob said:
osfcattle said:
OH Breeder said:
um, One thing I'd like to suggest to you is....Give her a flake of Fescue hay, or let her nibble a little of it a day during turn-out. This will allow her to adapt our Southeastern environment. Common Bermudagrass should be included, as well. If she's gonna be a "Southern gal", let her eat everything but musk thistle and Broiler litter....oh, by the way, she looks good.

GB
she's been on Fescue grass since she was born lol, and we only feed Bermudagrass in the winter to all of our cows....thanks