Jake's Proud Jazz calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

oakbar

I saw some pretty impressive JPJ calves today at Schrag's.  Small but really correct!!    I think we'll all be able to see so many JPJ calves this next year that we'll see quite an array.  If the ones I've seen so far are any indication he'll do what I want him to do--put a small, live calf on the ground out of heifers that still is put together pretty darn good.  I probably won't use him on mature cows for a couple of years yet---there's plenty of other good  bulls who already have producing sons and daughters to choose from.

TJ

oakbar said:
I saw some pretty impressive JPJ calves today at Schrag's.   Small but really correct!!    I think we'll all be able to see so many JPJ calves this next year that we'll see quite an array.   If the ones I've seen so far are any indication he'll do what I want him to do--put a small, live calf on the ground out of heifers that still is put together pretty darn good.   I probably won't use him on mature cows for a couple of years yet---there's plenty of other good  bulls who already have producing sons and daughters to choose from.

I like what you are saying about the JPJ calves.  I always thought that he would work well, but hearing what you & Shortdawg have to say about JPJ confirms it.  ;) 

M Bar

In talking about JPJ calves not growing when used on some females per Don and Kevin, did you ever ask what those calves were out of on the bottom side?  It could be the case that the dam's didn't milk and were unfuntional cows to begin with.  Just my 2 cents.  I have looked at JPJ calves and they should be able to perform fine in my opinion.

Latest posts