Jakes Proud Jazz X 10 Queens calf

Help Support Steer Planet:

oakbar

There's been some interest in the JPJ calves lately on SP so I thought I'd post a picture of our first calf of the season.  He was born on 2/1 and weighed 82 pounds.  His mother is a Shadybrook Centurion X CF Ten Queens heifer that I bought on the Cyclone Trace sale last fall.  I apologize for the way he's standing with his left front leg and for the poor background but the little twerp was so full of energy today that this was the only time I could get him standing still.  Time will tell, but I think he may make a pretty good bull prospect down the road.

Attachments

• JPJ X 10 Queens 2-20-09.JPG
    JPJ X 10 Queens 2-20-09.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 161

red

very, very nice! I just don't understand why they don't cooperate more for pictures!!!  ;)

uluru

He looks good
I could go for a few of them this spring.
I saw some pretty good JPJ calves last summer in my travels around the US.

aj

Looks good to me. Dark red color dark hooves. I will be looking for a jpj next year.

OH Breeder

Definitely gives me something to look forward to. Have a Primo heifer bred to JPJ due in three weeks. I like the color too.

stumpy

Looks great Lynn! Is his dam TH free? I was always a pretty big Centuian fan but the TH status was a huge blow to him. This guy looks like a stud and I wouldn't be suprised if he gets a little spoiled around your place. ;)

steermaker

We have a couple of shorthorn plus heifer out a Fear Factor son that I am thinking we will breed to JPJ.  Any opinions from others about that would be helpful.

TMJ Show Cattle

I think it's funny when people start raising hell about JPJ calves always being too small. Evidently they haven't been to Denver the past coupla years to see the bulls out of him that came from the Dakota's. I t5hink it has been expressed alot about NOT breeding him to small cows. That is more than correct. But to say this bull is worthless for the clubby or Shorthorn breeding cattle is asinine. I have raised 10 JPJ calves the last three years having 7 heifers and 3 bulls. All sold for more than 3k and have repeat customers for heifers. If I got on here and bull bashed alot of the bulls being used,shorties included,most people that know me would  wonder why I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

hawk

Wow!!!  I know that you can't always tell everything in a picture, but in my opinion that calf has a shot to be a great one.  Keep us posted on his progress.

kfacres

I agree, 

Some of those big, gangly shorthorn cows need sized down... I don't think JPJ/s are midgets... I think if you call him one, then what do you call Alias???  and many other clubby  bulls.. Shoot, I don't know of very many huge D'stuff's, either...  I saw the Jungles bulls in Denver this year, they were on the positive side of moderate.. Commercially oriented shorthorn bulls.. Sure most commerical cattleman want growth-- but find me a better Shorthorn bull who sons are more commercially oriented. I challenge you... And he better be proven,, None of these 2 year olds that get promoted so highly, and then in a few years they will be lost in time..

oakbar

We're expecting another JPJ next week out of a Tonic heifer that we bought in Louisville in 2007.  Hope he's as good as this one.    We're also expecting our TM Gus calf, a Tonic, a Who Made Who, and Dr Who.  I also sold 3 head of breds that are due on the same day and they'll have calves by Money Man, Who Made Who, and another Jakes Proud Jazz out of a 100 Solutions heifer.  So we'll have 3 JPJ's on the ground by the time we're done.