Jazz... any calving info

Help Support Steer Planet:

OH Breeder

Now, smarty, I know where you live. If you aren't careful, I will turn the clubbiest bull loose in that nice cow herd about mid june. Maybe even a black appendix shorthorn.
I am hoping a bred cow and easy birth. Lets hope for both.

cowz

Good Morning all,

We purchased a Jazz son out of a Magic cow from Cores a couple of years ago to use as a cleanup on our Clubbie AI cows.  We have never had any structure issues with any of his calves.  They have been easy calving, yet are not midgets by any means.  Are you going to get wide hipped calves?  Not really.  But you should get long bodied, deep and more importantly sound calves.

farmboy

SAME HERE COWZ.OUT OF A PUREBRED COW, HE THROWS GOOD ONES, THEIR HAIRY AND HAVE HUGE BONE. THIER LITTLE TO (clapping) IT MIGHT BE THE CLUBBIE IN YOUR COWZ

OH Breeder

Great information. I had a really good fancy steer out of this heifer this year. THis will be her second calf. She kicked out a 65# fuzzy peanut out of Northern Improvement. I am hoping for a heifer. Sounds like we may be good.
THanks folks!!!

cowz

I forgot to mention that they have pretty decent hair, but more important than that, they have great attitudes.  All the calves were easy to halter break.

Here is a maintainer heifer out of this bull on just a plain commercial cow.  This a local kid bought the calf for fair.  Keep in mind that this picture is of a GREEN calf....had not had much benefit of grain since this was for a commercial breeding project put on by the local cattle growers.  This heifer had a great calf at 20 months of age and milked!

Attachments

• EDCLA heifer.jpg
    EDCLA heifer.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 197

Latest posts