Jesse James

Help Support Steer Planet:

Dale L

For all you guys and gals with experience with this bull.  What type of cow does he work best on?

GoWyo

Good ones.  Based on only two calves, he worked better on a fairly stout and sound Maine x Angus cow than he did on a more angular One and Only cow.  Both were decent calves though.  Added a little bone and definitely haired them up and added some muscle.  Not a fixer but didn't take anything away.  Good cow should beget a good calf.

Cattle Cards

I used him last year on a PB Angus first calf heifer that was never shown or pushed.  Nice profile but not the mass and bone of my other cow.  Result was a nice heifer.  First picture - shown at 7 months.  Already multiple class winner.

The year before I used him on a first calf Heat Wave x Meyer heifer that's wide based, big boned, powerful (and stands 57" at the hip) that won quite a bit on the weekends.  Result was a pretty nice heifer.  Second picture - shown at 10 months.  Also see profile picture.  Class winner.  Breed Champion with limited showing.

Both were 75 lb. at birth.  Unassisted.  Quick to get started.  Easy feeding with great personalities.  And I mean personalities.  Broad backs, big hips and lots of hair.  Both free moving.  I'd use him on any first calf heifer.  Or any cow I wanted a good heifer out of.

Attachments

• BS 12-20-14_3809.jpg
    BS 12-20-14_3809.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 282
  • Winter Weather.jpg
    Winter Weather.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 256